Wilmington, MA, USA | Textron
Job Description:78 people have viewed this job
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Weapon Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Manager of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) will report directly to the Director of Quality and EHS and will provide leadership and accountability for overall strategic and tactical activities related to environmental, health, safety across Textron Systems Weapon Systems operating units and locations.
This critical business role will:
• Provide leadership and guidance for the EHS team associated with environmental / safety regulation compliance
• Drive a proactive culture focused on safety and reducing occupational injuries
• Develop the overall strategy for continuous improvement for Environmental Health and Safety Initiatives
• Direct project management activities associated with EHS
• Provide process ownership for Textron Systems Business Continuity Plans
• Oversee the control of chemicals used by Textron Systems and any/all potential safety and environmental hazards used/present
- Develop emergency plans in accordance to government regulations
- Establish EHS, Loss Prevention (LP), and Workers Compensation (WC) goals, objectives, and action plans
- Ensure that Textron Systems has the most suitable working environment for employees and their activities.
- Manage substantial Capital, Point of Control, and Expense budgets associated with EHS operations and improvements
- Ensure site and contractor compliance with RCRA
- Prepare and manage annual EHS budgets and forecasts, applicable Capital Expenditure proposals, as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
Qualifications - External
• Bachelor’s degree in a Management or Technical discipline. EHS emphasis preferred. MBA desired.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in EHS role in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated application of Lean - Six Sigma methodologies to improving complex supply chains desired.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Developing presentations and delivering messages to all levels in the business.
• Excellent partnering and team building skills.
• Bias for action, while maintaining true to the strategic vision.
• Successful track record of people development.
• Occasional Travel may be required
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful.We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country.We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Already a member? Sign In