Palmdale, CA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Communication Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The Communications Engineer is responsible for the design, development, integration, and test of communications systems.The successful individual is expected to be a highly-motivated, self-starter who is willing to work in a fast paced, team setting.
- Support communication system analysis, design, engineering capture, build, and integration
- Document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
- Perform technical evaluation and analysis of supplier proposals, design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, system integration and test execution
- Develop Statement of Work and Performance Specifications for Suppliers
- Perform liaison duties to disseminate information to Suppliers, Leadership, and other Integrated Product Teams and external customers
- Support Cost Account Managers (CAMs), Project Leads, Responsible Engineers (REs), and leadership for proposal development, cost planning, and performance tracking efforts
- Actively participate in Program Risk and Opportunity Management
- Direct the activities of subordinate engineers to complete project assignments
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university.
Minimum 9 years of engineering experience or 7 years with a Master’s Degree
Experience with Communication Hardware.
An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance
Masters Degree in an Engineering Discipline
Minimum 10 years of engineering experience
Practical working experience with various types of RF systems
Prior unit/subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience
TS clearance and Active SSBI with investigation date in last 5 years
Strong leadership, management, communication, and interpersonal skills
Experience with a variety of networking protocols
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Aptitude to learn new material quickly.