Research Triangle Park, NC, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
The Engineer II is an essential part of BD’s Corporate Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) team and will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of BD’s next generation medical products and enhance the current product portfolio. The Engineer II, under the general direction of the Associate Directo of Advanced Prototyping, will apply 3D printing technologies to evaluate product designs and optimize product functionality.Actively research and develop advanced techniques and best practices.We are excited to add a highly motivated, self-directed individual that can adapt quickly and work within a dynamic environment.
- Operate 3D Printers (Stereolithography / Polyjet / DMLS / SLS - PB/ etc.) and develop expertise in the use of the 3D Printing technologies for medical product applications.
- Analyze and process machine accuracy data, logs, and style codes to continuously improve accuracy, resolution, and turnaround time.
- Provide engineering support and process flow development for utilizing 3D Printing technology throughout BD.
- Direct Interaction with product development engineers/teams to examine options and develop plans to leverage 3D printing tools to optimize the machines performance and the parts they produce.
- Actively research and implement new technologies and best practices within 3D printing and post processing.
- Scheduling and coordination of 3D Printing machines, communicating with Manager, Team, and Internal BDX partners.
- Maintain state-of-the-art 3D printing and post processing competencies through training courses, seminars, and industry conferences.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance of the 3D printing machines.
- Under guidance and direction, utilize additional engineering tools (Pro Engineer, Solidworks, moldflow, general scripting, etc.), in conjunction with 3D Printing technologies develop optimal optimal prototyping solutions to reduce time to market.
- Participate and contribute to the activities of the broader CAE group by performing analyses to optimize part quality and manufacturability for project teams.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Engineering, Mathematics or Metrology.Engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience programming, operating, and troubleshooting 3D printing equipment
- Knowledge in using three-dimensional CAD solid modeling software packages, preferably SolidWorks or Pro/E.
- Proven ability to work successfully in team and individual situations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Medical industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable and on-hands experience with standard machining tools a plus (i.e. – lathe, mill, drill press, grinders & cutters).Experience with CNC also a plus.
- SLS / PowderBed printing experience is a plus.
- Thorough, accurate, and timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Adherence to all BD policies and procedures as well as any laws where applicable.
- Effective written and verbal communication with management, project teams, and multifunctional personnel on a timely basis.
- Work independently to identify actions needed to complete assignments and demonstrate strong drive for results.
- Manage assignments in accordance with project prioritization.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Already a member? Sign In