Engineering Director - R42 Network and Redemptions
Phoenix, AZ, USA | American Express
Job Description:64 people have viewed this job
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways.Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence where product, engineering and delivery resources have been organizationally brought together to improve speed to market and further unlock value across core capabilities.
We are on a journey to create world’s best loyalty & benefit experiences for our customers with a team of energetic and passionate talents using agile practices to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern platform for loyalty, R42.
The Engineering Director, R42 Network and Redemptions will lead a set of highly talented, transformational, and dynamic engineers in the architecture, design, engineering, and implementation of new business capabilities and domain enhancement within the R42 platform. This leader will be responsible for evolving the technical roadmap of Network capabilities and expanding Redemption capabilities on R42 platform by partnering and collaborating with Product leadership team. The ideal candidate is a change agent with a strong software engineering background, which will take a hands-on approach to leading teams of incredibly talented smart creatives in continuing to transform and modernize our core and most critical platform R42, while delivering tangible value to our business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Lead a set of transformational product engineering teams in the architecture, design, engineering, and implementation of R42 components and platform applications within a creative and agile environment.
- Play an active role in the continuous enhancement of our product engineering culture by inspiring, guiding, and enabling a group of highly talented and engaged smart creatives.
- Take a hands-on approach to advancing the modernization and transformation of our Global Loyalty Enterprise Platform, while driving innovation across the overarching Global Loyalty Enterprise Platform.
- Consistently deliver high-quality software products and capabilities on time and within allocated product budgets, partnering closely with product owners and relevant stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Effectively collaborate within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product increments or releases.
- Play an active role in the realization of our talent strategy by attracting, recruiting, mentoring and developing top engineering talent.
- Actively engage in hands-on solution, platform, and software product design on an ongoing basis with a focus on consistently producing high quality software in support of our business stakeholders.
- Enable the successful delivery of critical end-to-end enterprise initiatives by effectively partnering with end-to-end teams, successfully delivering on all commitments all the time.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
- 3-5 years of active architecture, design, engineering, and implementation experience in a complex enterprise cloud environment.
- Demonstrated recent hands-on experience in the design, engineering, and successful implementation of enterprise-grade software products.
- Understanding of and experience with core American Express Enterprise Platforms a plus.
- Demonstrated recent hands-on engineering experience with core R42 platform technologies such as Go, Java, Docker, K8s, Kafka, Elastic and Postgres.
- Recent hand-on experience with modern software engineering concepts (e.g.CI/CD, DevOps, containers, microservices, etc.).
- Recent hands-on experience in the development of enterprise-grade API(s).
- Proven ability to transform business requirements into high-quality production software.
- Subject matter expertise in network domain and redemptions with broad exposure to relevant technology domains.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize the performance of enterprise software systems and/or components.
- Ability to participate in the prevention, diagnosis, and resolution of system outages as an expert in the underlying platform architecture.
- Expert level solution architecture skills with wide-ranging experience; able to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related field a plus.