Enterprise Sales Leader - Remote
Anywhere, NY, USA | Benchling
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling is building a team of world-class account executives to drive commercialization of our platform. You will lead a team of passionate named account executives in selling solutions that fundamentally change how research is done. The Enterprise Sales Leader is responsible for providing leadership to a team chartered with growing and accelerating pipeline and cloud consumption of the Benchling platform to the top global biotechnology accounts. Core responsibilities of this role include all aspects of managing and leading the sales effort across all stages, from qualification to close. Beyond direct customer facing responsibilities, you will also be involved with hiring, developing and optimizing a team and executing against a sales plan to help achieve the company’s business and financial objectives.
• Hire new and develop existing account executives to be the best in the industry.
• Generate a pipeline across the team with passion and creativity.
• Foster relationships with C-level executives on a regular basis.
• Support your team in executing through the sales cycle by thoughtfully addressing key stakeholders in the buyer journey while navigating organizational complexities.
• Effectively partner with and foster collaboration across internal functions to achieve company and organizational objectives.
• Be the voice of the customer internally to continuously improve go-to-market execution, collateral and success.
• 7+ years of successful sales management experience with building and maintaining high performing teams required
• Passionate about helping customers solve business challenges and realize the most value from Benchling - lead a team of trusted partners.
• Strong closing experience - support and lead your team through the proposal, procurement, legal processes to drive deal closure.
• Demonstrable history of consistently achieving or exceeding ambitious sales targets.
• Outstanding self-starter approach with the determination to be successful in fast moving and growing environment.
• Team oriented - engage internally across functions with customer segment and team needs. Partner with peers to drive outcomes and results. Be willing to ask for help.
• Strong communication skills and the versatility to connect effectively with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, team project leads and executives in industry.
• Domain and industry experience: scientific software (LIMS, ELN, etc. experience preferred).
• A Bachelor of Science in Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar Life Sciences field is preferred. An advanced degree is a plus.
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Our leadership principles guide how all Benchlings can lead by example:
• Admit mistakes and shortcomings
• Deliver results
• Disagree and commit
• Obsess over customers
• Rely on work ethic
• Show empathy
• Recruit and develop the best
• Sweat the details
• Think and communicate clearly
• Unite around the mission
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
Already a member? Sign In