Equities Single Stock Derivatives Trader – VP / ED
New York City, NY, USA | J.P. Morgan
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:130 people have viewed this job
Risk manage a large portfolio of equity derivatives products (vanilla options, volatility swaps, equity swaps, fully funded notes) related to sector-specific U.S listed single stock securities. The primary role would be to build and develop our Single Stock derivatives business, concentrating on a specific best-fit sector with other members of the Flow Single Stock Derivatives desk in order to effectively risk manage a variety of securities based on supply / demand, micro-specific news and events, as well as volatility and other quantitative metrics. The trader is expected to also work closely with Research analysts, Sector sales teams, Equity Derivatives sales teams, and Derivatives strategists in order to produce customized investment solutions to our institutional client base. This client base usually consists of banks, fund managers, pension funds, insurance companies and hedge funds. Additionally, the trader is expected to work extensively with Technology towards building trading tools, data analytics, and improve risk management systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Financial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computational Finance, or a related quantitative field.
• 5+ years trading experience. Must have experience in risk management, pricing, and facilitating client requests in all US single stock derivative products, as well as Sector-based and related Index products. Additionally, have experience trading dispersion and basket trades within the Single Stock universe
• Must have knowledge of differential equations, calculus and numerical methods
• Experience utilizing local volatility models, stochastic volatility models, and interest rate stochastic models to price and analyse the risk of equity and hybrid financial derivatives
• Must have experience market making, facilitating and trading Single Stock derivative products in order to provide our institutional clients tailor-made solutions to their investment needs
• Have a basic knowledge of rates, credit, FX and commodity options
• Must have strong economic knowledge, be able to formulate precise macro views and how these views relate to micro-specific stories within the equities market
• Must be entrepreneurial to lead open-ended projects sitting between trading, quantitative research and cutting-edge technology
• Series 7,63,55
Already a member? Sign In