Executive Administrative Director-Urology
Boston, MA, USA | Boston Children's Hospital
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
The Department of Urology and the Urology Foundation at Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH) are looking to hire an Executive Administrative Director.The Department of Urology has about 19,000 clinic visits, 3,000 Urodynamics procedures and 2,500 surgical cases per year. Our urologists diagnose/treat both common pediatric disease, and complex urological conditions in 9 subspecialty programs, many of which include collaborations with other BCH specialties. Our growing Urology team of about 150 employees includes 27 physician, Advanced Practice Clinician and psychosocial providers. We currently practice in 7 satellite locations and are rapidly expanding our presence in other locations in the region.
This Executive Administrative Director II – Urology, will be responsible for:
• The management, strategic development and fiscal oversight of the Urology department as well as a foundation
• Overseeing operational, administrative and financial operations; medical staff appointments; applicable budgets; billing; and compliance with hospital, state and federal regulatory policies and procedures
• Being held accountable by Chief, Senior Vice President and Foundation Board of Directors for business development (as applicable)
• Partnering with Chief and Senior Vice President to develop, execute and monitor strategic planning for departmental/foundation and advancement of BCH corporate goals.
• Working with faculty and BCH leadership on the development of new program proposals, implementation and oversight
• Conducting staff and physician faculty meetings to disseminate information and solicit input from all staff members related to policies and procedures, day-to-day operations, etc.
• Employee Payroll & Benefits as applicable
• Acting as an active liaison and coordinator with all satellite practices
• Ensuring accurate and compliant department/foundation insurance billing, coding compliance as it relates to department/foundation payors
• Leading executive in coordinating, negotiating and collaborating with Physician Organization
• Developing, planning and monitoring department/foundation operating and capital budget, collaborating with Chief and BCH leadership
• Collaborating with Chief and all Principal Investigators on research mission and financial oversight of research grants and projects
• Ensuring preparation and presentation of Annual Meeting of Board of Directors and the range of required State and Federal compliance for a 501( c ) (3) organization in order to preserve not-for-profit designation
• Participating on hospital task forces and committees
• Jointly reporting to the Chief of Service/ Foundation President and BCH Senior Vice President of Clinical Services
To qualify, you must have:
• A Bachelor’s degree is required, a Master's degree is strongly preferred in Business, Public Health or Health Care Administration and 10+ yearsof relevant experience
• An understanding of health care information technology systems as this area is a heavy user of technologies to drive solutions and workflows.
Already a member? Sign In