Executive Director, HRBP Retail
Sacramento, CA, USA | CVS Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
As the Executive Director, HRBP Retail – West Coast will support the Division Vice President who leads the West Coast Retail team of approximately 1,000-1,600 CVS stores and 30,000 colleagues. In this role, you and your team of HR professionals will be responsible for developing and executing various strategies for the Division. Utilizing the human resources centers of excellence, you will to advise to develop divisional people strategies and align, build and execute to address the current and future direction of the business.
• Partner with Retail Divisional Operations Leaders to develop and execute both long and short term business plans, providing input beyond the HR strategy
• Challenge business partners think differently regarding HR and operational issues; Act as a thought partner, challenging current thinking and modeling creative problem-solving to impact business decisions
• Identify the HR levers (selection, job design, training, compensation, recognition) that will improve the impact of organizational capability on business outcomes
• Partner with HR peers (HRBPs and COE) to provide integrated solutions to the business
• Drive talent development strategies and goal setting for Store colleagues and Field Management
• Partner with COE’s to create and execute engagement and labor relations strategies.
• Team with business leaders to organize their optimal structure and human capital requirements
• Evaluate and adjust human capital based on business needs in partnership Business Leaders
• Champion a change capable organization that helps colleagues to thrive in a constantly changing environment
• Orchestrate the pace and process of change (i.e. new rollouts, programs, tools, etc.) to ensure delivery of outcomes by helping leaders to clearly articulate critical few behaviors to inspire colleagues and build openness
• Assess commitment and sustainability of change(s) using a variety of methods to gather colleague perspective
• Broker advising, project, and other work with Centers of Excellence, using Enterprise resources and expertise
• Diagnose issues at a Division level and engages appropriate COE expertise
• Share key insights and actions based on HR data and metrics
• Utilize trend reporting to help Leaders make business improvements; sponsors new ideas/solutions; takes initiative to improve results
• Enthusiastically identify future trends and potential root causes
• Anticipate and probe into the core of problems to determine underlying patterns, root causes and identify and implement optimal short- and long- term solutions
• Demonstrate technology, tools, and resources to optimize organizational effectiveness (people, process, policy)
• Ensure selection and talent management tools are being used effectively by all
• Integrate relevant data and information (for example, labor statistics, seasonal data, unique market characteristics, local labor supply, organizational planning), and apply the findings to positively impact the Divisional HR strategy
• Make recommendations for specific compensation changes; ensures fairness in all compensation related decisions
• Partner with Advice and Counsel COE as needed to ensure all policies and procedures are being communicated
• Recognize, articulate and shape company culture
• Ensure teams are exhibiting the CVS Health values and partner with them to shadow appropriate behaviors
• Consistently uphold culture norms publicly
• Drive diversity awareness and demonstrate behaviors that create a culture of acceptance and inclusion
• Dedicatedly assess business for possible union vulnerability; work with Leaders and Labor Relations to resolve employee concerns, educate team to avoid union related issues
• Drive the development of innovative and effective processes designed to increase colleague engagement and organizational success
• Sustain Leader focus on engagement of colleagues; recognizes trends; designs and implements solutions
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 10 years of strategic Human Resources experience
• 3+ years HR leadership
• Experience working in unionized environments is required
• Experience identifying business opportunities and create and implement people strategies to address.
• Confirmed ability to build and handle relationships with field or senior business leaders; ability to coach and develop colleagues at all levels
• Proven collaboration skills with business leadership and with members of the HR centers of excellence.
• Critical thinking skills; ability to develop, document and communicate strategies
• Experience gathering data, analyzing issues, identifying core causes and address opportunities related to a diverse and dynamic slate of business challenges
• Recognizing development gaps and partnering across groups to solve them; strong facilitation and training skills
• Worked to triage and prioritize challenging priorities
• Project and change management skills to respond to short and long term business priorities
• Ability to impact, influence and drive action and accountability in others
• Ability to travel 30-50%
• Advanced Degree
• SHRM Certification
• Bachelor’s Degree
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Already a member? Sign In