Executive Director of Primary Care
Ormond Beach, FL, USA | Florida Hospital
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:70 people have viewed this job
Executive Director of Primary Care
AdventHealth Medical Group East
Location Address: 901 Sterthaus Drive, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Medical Group East
Competitive Hourly Rate
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
You Will Be Responsible For:
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Creates an effective working environment where communication, professional development and quality are always encouraged and maintains positive relations acting as liaison with employees, physicians, patients and community as applicable.
• Ensures high quality care and excellent customer service; working to make improvements as necessary.
• Develops and implements communications plans to drive goals and initiatives
• Participates in, formulates and ensures update of organizational policy respective to area of responsibility.
• Participates on and/or leads various committees as assigned/requested.
• Is a leadership resource for management and team to achieve AHMG specific and organizational goals and accountabilities. Reviews data and engages with AHMG leadership, hospital leadership and other entities to meet dashboards and scorecards, as applicable. Creates action plans to achieve positive outcomes.
• Communicates regularly with stakeholders from staff to providers and peers as well as the COO on status of AHMG practices & services.
• Communicating and collaborating closely with other components of AH for transitions of care and other departments and programs (e.g. Population Health, Finance, and IT) to assure that AHMG fully realizes its potential for innovative, high quality, effective and efficient care delivery; and performing other related duties as assigned.
a) Responsible for ensuring that the practice is in compliance with all regulatory bodies, including, but not limited to, Joint Commission, HIPAA, AHCA, federal, state, city and county regulations, and all patient Medical Record guidelines.
b)Accountable for assuring compliance and providing evidence of performance with the State of Florida regulatory agencies, basic Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations, as well as other local, state, and federal agencies, regulatory and accrediting bodies and applicable policies and procedures.
c) Adheres to applicable practice standards specific to area of responsibility.
2)OPERATING AND CAPITAL BUDGET/FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY:
a) Ensures that all practices are within scope of responsibility and operate within allocated budget.
b)Implements appropriate tracking systems for success measures and reports as required.
c) Prepares, executes and monitors operating budgets to ensure appropriate staffing, professional development, space, supplies, equipment, etc., for maintaining and improving quality of service and performance standards as applicable within scope of responsibility.
d)Analyzes data from all inputs that relate to quality, cost, and care coordination and prepare comprehensive reports and updates for the COO.
3)STRATEGIC PLANNING RESPONSIBILITY:
a) Develops and implements initiatives, processes, and systems and creates goals that align with organizational and operational strategies; supporting organizational initiatives.
b)Encourages business growth and development by actively seeking out new opportunities to increase referrals, and market share. Works with Marketing to create materials that represent AHMG Primary Care.
c) Establishing a model of care within these physician practices as part of an integrated delivery system that creates high value care, improves the health status of the population that AHMG serve, contains cost, and provides an enhanced patient experience.
d)Leading the transformation of AHMG into the new organizational structure.
4)PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
a) Acts as change agent; utilizing change theory to plan for the implementation of organizational change.
b)Develops action plans; leads and supports practice/process changes, performance improvement activities, etc.
c) Develops dashboards and feedback mechanisms ensuring transparency and open data communication.
d)Monitors relevant outcomes ensuring services are provided at appropriate levels for all stakeholders.
5)COMMUNITY RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITY:
a) Coordinates efforts to promote and provide information on the CREATION Health philosophy to leaders and employees working in assigned departments.
b)Ensures that the services offered, within scope of responsibility and as applicable, are properly communicated in the community
a) Participates in workforce planning and employment decisions; champions a diverse workforce, interprets and evaluates employee satisfaction and quality of work surveys to achieve positive outcomes
b)Establishing, implementing and managing staffing of assigned practices that is appropriate to meet the AHMG model of care, and is consistently applied to meet organizational objectives.
c) Assesses plans to address issues such as ethnic, cultural and diversity changes in the population; political and social influences; financial and economic issues; aging of society and demographic trends; ethical issues; and environmental influences on health
d)Accepts organizational accountability for scope of practice outcomes; holds leadership and staff accountable for outcomes and work performed, including performance improvement outcomes
What will you need?
• Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field
• Seven (7) years’ proven experience including at least five (5) years’ experience in a large, multi-specialty physician group
• Four (4) years of leadership experience
The Executive Director of Primary Care is responsible for managing the operations of all AHMG primary care practices while providing vision and executive leadership to meet the goals and objectives of the CFD-N mission and strategic plan. The Executive Director of Primary Care reports to the AHMG Chief Operating Officer (COO). He/She will be charged with identifying areas in need of process improvement, development and the execution of action plans around such activities as they relate to practice management and operations.The Executive Director of Primary Care will also be responsible for other key operational functions such as developing goals and programs initiatives, ensuring practice compliance, improving patient experience, maintaining quality metrics, revenue cycle functions and managing the budgets for primary care.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In