Executive Director, Product Management – Video & Entertainment
Atlanta, GA, USA | Cox Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Executive Director, Product Management – Video & Entertainment is a visionary that oversees the synthesis of information to determine current and future (years in advance) customer needs and oversees the development of innovative solutions to highly complex and/or emerging technologies.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Accountable for the delivery of a portfolio of product development and launch projects and achievement of aggregate business objectives through planning, budgeting, resourcing, and monitoring accuracy of work, etc.Ensures success through adequate resourcing of initiatives.
• Oversees the allocation and consumption of resources for product development and lifecycle activities across portfolio.Directs the adjustments to budgets and forecasts as necessary for success.
• Serves as champion for product portfolio to obtain necessary executive sponsorship.Directly and indirectly influences others to garner needed resources and support.
• Provides leadership, development, mentorship at executive level to product teams.Typically manages a team of Sr. Directors and Directors.
• Accountable to ensure product roadmaps and plans satisfy consumers expectations and unmet needs. Oversees the development of the product portfolio from ideation through deployment.
• Reviews data, plans and proposed actions created by others.Oversees development of optimal recommendations.
• Accountable for a documented product vision which ensures alignment with customer needs, market and competitive trends and corporate strategy.
• Develops product portfolio strategic vision; directs team to translate strategy into clear and defined business requirements.
• Accountable for the development of business cases that define the product value proposition to support product and services roadmap investments.
• Reviews the prioritization of product improvements and allocation of necessary resources across the product portfolio to optimize customer experience and strengthen financials.
• Communicates with Executives and stakeholders to maintain alignment and awareness of current product state and vision.
• Oversees and reviews the optimization of operational practices and procedures to drive efficiencies
• Monitors developments within the industry, vendor community and technology trends and considers these in light of product roadmaps. Serves as Cox representative and spokesperson at industry events.
• Is a recognized leader and authority in the organization in a broad product portfolio and leader of product team.
Skills and Qualifications
• Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
• 10 or more years of experience required in related field (e.g. Technology, Marketing, Process Improvement, etc.)
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (e.g. Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
• Proven ability to lead and inspire teams. Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.Strong ability to directly or indirectly influence and mentor others at executive levels.
• Demonstrate strong technical and market knowledge.
• Advanced degree preferred (Master’s degree, etc.).
• 10+ or more years of experience in a management role preferred.
• Experience in telecommunications or high-tech environment.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation.We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO).
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Already a member? Sign In