Apply to this job and see other similar jobs on Ivy Exec
Arlington, VA, USA | Bridgespan Group
Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:407 people have viewed this job
The Executive Director acts as the principal officer of organization and is responsible for the overall
administration, financial management, and day-to-day activities of the organization. The Executive
Director will report to the Board of Directors and work with the Board to establish the organization’s
• Evaluate and administer organization’s program services.
• Prepare and recommend annual plans and operating budgets to the Board for approval.
Assure adherence to these plans, maintaining all organizational records, and provide the
Board with periodic management reports, operating statements, and cost and program
• Manage organization’s administrative office including supervising personnel and providing benefit
and payroll administration.
• Coordinate all communication functions including responding to organization members, media and
other inquiries, and writing annual reports, newsletters, and member bulletins.
• Implement place making and event strategies to ensure adherence to profitability and
community building objectives.
• Lead organization’s advocacy efforts for the continued economic development and vitality of the
Columbia Pike corridor including support for needed infrastructure and services to support
• Support the implementation of County’s adopted initiatives and polices for Columbia Pike
including the existing Form Based Code (Commercial and Neighborhoods).
• Improve and expand relationships with individual, corporate, community, government, and
other partners to carry out organizational mission and objectives.
• Act as staff to the Board and its committees and serve as the Board’s liaison to community and
civic groups, government and elected officials.
The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic, creative self-starter with a proven track record of
leading institutional membership growth, community building, place-making, event management, and
bottom line management experience, a working knowledge of standard administrative and accounting
practices, and strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
Experience in 501(c) 3 non profit management and board governance required.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In