San Francisco, CA, USA | Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Consulting - Gov't / Non-Profit
Job Description:113 people have viewed this job
Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company provides pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships. We envision a future when all youth finish high school equipped and empowered with the knowledge and skills required to achieve career success and a lifetime of economic self-sufficiency. A national nonprofit social enterprise, Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company is a recognized leader in its field with a proven, replicable program model that produces measurable results.
The Problem: Too many students from low-income backgrounds graduate high school without the skills, knowledge, and insight needed to succeed in college and a career, leaving a lot of potential untapped and jobs unfilled. Closing these skills and opportunity gaps is an urgent economic and social imperative.
The Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company Solution: Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company is tackling these problems head-on. Together with its school and corporate partners, it is equipping today’s youth with the knowledge, skills, and experience required to succeed in the workforce of tomorrow. Key elements of the program include:
• Skills Training – Students participate in eight weeks of training the summer before senior year of high school, which includes technical skills in information technology and business operations, and the professional skills required to succeed in today’s corporate workplace.
• Meaningful Internships – Students complete a paid, year-long internship at partner companies. Working 20 hours per week, students further develop and refine high-demand work skills while providing valued services to corporate partners.
• College and Career Coaching – Throughout the year, students receive more than 60 hours of guidance and counseling on appropriate college and career pathways, including college selection, applications, and financial aid assistance.
• Alumni Support – Students receive guidance navigating the complex world of post-secondary institutions and support as they deal with the academic, social, and financial obstacles that might stand in the way of college and career success.
Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company is seeking a charismatic, proven business leader to serve as Executive Director of its Bay Area program.
As the chief executive of Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company Bay Area, the Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for implementing the Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company model in the San Francisco Bay Area. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial thinker with a track record of building successful relationships and networks, particularly within the corporate sector. S/he will lead all aspects of the operation, including corporate client engagement, student recruitment, strategic partnerships, local fundraising, staff management, Board development, and growth. A passionate and compelling spokesperson, the Executive Director will represent Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company to corporate partners, school administrators, community leaders, philanthropists, students, and their families. Reporting to and working in close collaboration with Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company’ Bay Area Board of Directors, the Executive Director will also interact with the CEO of Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company National and other senior leadership. This is a full-time position located in Oakland/San Francisco, CA.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and leverage corporate relationships and engage them to increase the number of students working in meaningful internships
• Establish strategic partnerships with businesses, schools, and other nonprofit organizations to better prepare today’s youth for the jobs of tomorrow
•Leverage existing relationships with funders, and create new ones, to fund the operational needs of the organization
•Create and promote a positive, multi-cultural work environment that attracts, inspires, and retains staff; coach and motivate team to achieve high levels of impact
•Effectively promote the mission of Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company to professional, civic, and private organizations, as well as key policy make influencers
•Build a diverse and inclusive Board of Directors that is highly engaged and willing to leverage resources in support of organizational objectives
• Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board of Directors and National Office, ensuring open communicationof financial, program, and community impact performance against agreed milestones and goals
• Work with the CEO of Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company National and the executive directors of the other Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company sites to make strategic and programmatic decisions that impact the entire organization
We seek a candidate who believes deeply in our organization’s mission, who can produce consistent, impactful, and timely service, and who is able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Qualified candidates will possess:
Significant corporate experience, with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably within a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment; prior experience starting and/or running organizations is highly desirable
Meaningful background (ideally including P&L responsibility) in business development, sales and marketing of consulting services, business services, or related. Understanding of a social enterprise model
Demonstrated ability to work with senior corporate leaders, such as CEOs and CIOs of major corporations
Proven experience designing and executing growth strategies, with strong business and financial acumen; ability to manage and deliver results for multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
Proven track record of success in managing and motivating staff and developing leaders
Comfort and demonstrated success in cultivating and soliciting private philanthropic support
High level of emotional intelligence, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents
Deep belief in the Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company mission and a strong determination to grow the organization to be best in class
Strong written and verbal skills, able to effectively advocate for Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company’ students and mission to groups of all sizes
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; master’s degree in business or related field preferred