Executive Medical Director
Nashville, TN, USA | Wellpath
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:64 people have viewed this job
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
About this role
Reporting to the Associate Chief Clinical Officer, the Executive Medical Director – State and Federal (EMD) is a key member of the Clinical and State and Federal Government senior leadership team. The EMD will understand and effectively communicate and abide by the applicable standards and requirements of contracting agencies and the security regulations of the institutions to which the EMD is assigned as well as supervise and provide care which meets or exceeds the constitutional requirements of access to care, right to a professional medical judgment and right to care that is ordered.EMD will collaborate with the operational, nursing and mental health leaders to ensure care is delivered effectively and efficiently.EMD will also develop and maintain key client relationships in the territory to which they are assigned and will regularly interact with clients as needed.
What you bring to the table
• Graduate of an Accredited Medical School.
• Successful completion of a Post-graduate training program in a Primary Care discipline (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, etc.)
• Must obtain and maintain current licensure within the states as required to practice medicine and direct patient care, accrediting and contracting agency.
• Maintains a current DEA number.
• Must maintain privileges.
• Maintains CME requirements for continued medical practice in each State.
What you will do
• Provide clinical oversight to the Regional Medical Directors (RMD), so that through RMDs, management is provided to sites, the accrediting and contracting agency.
• Review and monitor applicable treatment guidelines, clinical decision support monographs and tools, clinical policies and procedures. Lead the implementation deployment of clinical initiatives ensuring their success.
• Collaborate, communicate and coordinate with the Associate Chief Clinical Officer, RMDs, Chief Nursing Officer, Vice President of Care Management, Vice President of the Clinical Hub, Division President and Executive Vice President responsibilities which include but are not limited to: Recruiting, Onboarding and Retention of RMDs, Continuous Quality Improvement, Healthcare related patient grievances, Infection control, Utilization management of inpatient and outpatient services, laboratory and medication formulary management and deploying clinical initiatives. The EMD will assist the RMD and the credentialing team with compliance of collaborative agreements executed between advanced practitioners and supervising physicians to satisfy state requirements.
• Understand, utilize and monitor Chronic Care Clinics that assure compliance, accrediting and contracting agencies.
• Attend weekly enterprise medical director meetings as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Already a member? Sign In