Executive Partner, Chief Marketing Executives
Stamford, CT, USA | Gartner Consulting
Job Description:88 people have viewed this job
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
The Executive Partner’s(EP) role is to serve as a trusted advisor to our senior-most marketing executive clients and deliver exceptional value by orchestrating the full capability of Gartner (research, analysts, events and peer networking) to helpeach member-client, define and exceed their specific enterprise goals.
Executive partners work with clients to define develop, prioritize and/or critiquemarketing strategies and tactics; develop and/or transform overallskills and capability within the marketing organization ;assist with the development and execution of a compelling marketing vision; aggregate and deliver Gartner research insights on key initiatives, priorities, and implementations; and in general, becoming a trusted advisor for the SVP, EVP or CMO. With the support of their EP, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly, cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
What you’ll do:
- The EP manages up to 20 senior executive member relationships, and participates in account planning with Senior LCMs and Senior Account Executives. These three individuals collectively and individually have responsibility for each assigned account.
- The EP actively participates in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
- The EP leads CMO/SVP, Marketing breakout sessions during annual Marketing Forums.
Success is defined by:
- Executing a smooth hand-off from the sales team
- Regularly engaging the member in a substantive manner
- Creating a complete member profile
- Partnering with Sales, Research and Service to delight the client
- Accurately identifying and documenting the member’s Mission Critical Priorities
- Developing an engagement (value) plans for each client
- Participating (with Sales and LCMs) in quarterly account reviews
- Preparing value-added on-site engagements and member meetings
- Operational rigor in maintaining client activity in our CRM and scheduling systems
Sales and Marketing Support
The EP is responsible for member retention and for contributing to growth through support of sales in prospect cultivation, account planning/development and value demonstration activities delivered through proof-of-concept (POC) engagements
The EP is responsible for hosting and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research)
The EP supports research activities, such as facilitating member participation in research studies or case panels. The EP will be aligned with and leverage Gartner research positions and initiatives as well as provide feedback from the member base to the research organization. The EP works with research analysts to develop and deliver CMO/SVP Marketing relevant research.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall Gartner Sales strategy and Gartner Marketing product deliverables.
- Work with members to further their levels of Marketing maturity through delivery of research, peer networking, and coaching.
- Critique client strategies, guide clients in building their organizations, and assist in developing Marketing strategies, establishing priorities, and planning for implementation around key Marketing initiatives.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed sustainable set of key deliverables for clients (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc.)
- Direct and facilitate member peer group calls and/or meetings
Content Development and Management
- Participate in presentations, panels and workshops
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share member experiences with analysts
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the Sales community portal and assisted member connections
- Lead and participate in local events and roundtables
What you’ll need:
Subject Matter Expertise
- The EP must be a senior business executive and have demonstrated topic knowledge in developing and delivering overall marketing strategy, execution and performance improvement.
- The EP will be an accomplished current or former SVP, EVP of Marketing or CMO, with a broad base of expertise that has operated at a senior leadership level and driven change at all levels.
- The EP is responsible to retain clients in accordance with established Gartner Retention Metrics. In addition, to work closely with Sales to vet and close “new’ business.
- B2C EXPERIENCE IS HIGHLY PREFERRED
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 10+ years' experience working as a SVP, EVP or CMO or in a senior management role in a Marketing Executive level capacity; or 5+ years in the capacity with 5+ years in another Marketing Executive role
- B2C EXPERIENCE IS HIGHLY PREFERRED
- An in-depth understanding of the Marketing Function and the role of the CMO (including leadership, operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
- In depth understanding of the business value of Marketing and the alignment of Business and Marketing strategies.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to assess member situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business advice, and the ability to leverage
- Appropriate (Gartner and other) resources to help clients achieve business results
- Ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills; with a healthy dose of humility and experience working with C level executives. This individual should have strong reflective listening skills and the ability to adjust to client cues and needs
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Sales savvy
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Sales and / or business development experience or ability with CXO level executives
- Strong time/project management skills
- Initial Travel restricted to US and Canada; 20-40% travel
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability.
Already a member? Sign In