Executive Program Director
Jackson, MS, USA | YMCA
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Executive Program Director at the Jackson YMCA oversees the development and operations of various programs, such as healthy living, aquatics, teens, special events and/or other programs and designs practices, processes, and procedures for strong program and project management.
·Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
· Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
·Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
· Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
·Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
·Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
·CPR and First Aid and YMCA Multi-Team Leader certifications will be required, certifications will be provided by the YMCA.
1. Develops, implements, and manages plans to promote program and/or membership growth for the YMCA. Measures progress against strategic goals and ensures continuous improvement and measurable impact.
2. Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
3. Develops and controls department budgets related to the position so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives.
4. Uses data to analyze financial trends and forecast future financial progress for the organization; uses data to measure impact of Y programs including summer camp, after-school care, youth sports and more.
5. Hires, trains, develops and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Organizes people and activities for efficiencies and effectiveness.
6. Ensures high-quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, demonstrating courageous and intelligent risk-taking with awareness of societal, economic, and political issues and their impact on the strategic direction of the organization.
7. Works with Communications Director to develop and execute annual program communications plan.
8. Takes a lead role in researching and submitting grants, collecting data and submitting final reports; works with Communication Director to write grant copy.
9. Understands and plays a supportive role in fundraising initiatives including the YMCA’s annual Strong Kids Strong Communities Campaign.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Alrdeady a member? Sign In