Executive Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Culture & Change
Los Angeles, CA, USA | Weber Shandwick
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
The Opportunity. Established in 2017, our DE&I practice area is seeking to expand with a focus on holistic engagement, from diagnosing and addressing risk to creating DEI strategies and systems to powering bold, creative communications—unlocking progress both internally and externally. We are looking for the right leader to join our United Minds team, and who will focus on bringing effective solutions to clients seeking to improve culture and affect change from the inside, out.
As Executive Vice President (EVP), Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Culture & Change this leader would have ownership of DE&I services and strategy related to culture and change, and would co-lead Weber Shandwick’s Culture, Equity and Inclusion offering in partnership with the EVP, Culture, Equity & Inclusion, Crisis and Issues. Overseeing a small, dedicated team, the right leader will have experience building coalition across a broad network of specialized talent with passion for DE&I work to bring the best solutions to our clients.
About United Minds: United Minds, part of the Weber Shandwick Collective, is Weber Shandwick’s in-house management consultancy that helps clients transform their organizations, with a particular focus on the people side of change. Our management consultants, DEI practitioners, business strategists, communicators and HR professionals know how to harness the power of people to solve our clients’ most critical business challenges.
What You Will Be Doing. Key areas of focus for this executive position include:
- Leading DE&I culture and change work within United Minds. As a member of United Minds’ executive team, oversee DE&I culture and change business strategy, client service and employees. Affect meaningful change within client organizations by bringing both expert counsel and top-notch relationship management skills. Define tailored approaches and oversee teams pulling from a broader talent network to deliver on a wide range of client opportunities, with a focus on DE&I culture and change strategy (building a diverse talent pipeline, insights-based interventions to improve inclusion, developing annual strategies for DE&I functions/office of the Chief Diversity Officer, etc.). Additional expertise in DE&I communications, brand and reputation, crisis, human capital and/or employee engagement a plus.
- Co-leading Weber Shandwick’s Culture, Equity and Inclusion team. Together with Weber Shandwick’s EVP, Culture, Equity & Inclusion, Crisis and Issues, shape the vision, strategy, and business plan for the Weber Shandwick’s DE&I practice area, in collaboration with Weber Shandwick leadership. Build the oversee the development of the right team to sustainably support new and existing opportunities. Identify opportunities to build new solutions and services to bring to new and existing clients. Act as a key advisor to United Minds and Weber Shandwick leadership in support of enterprise-wide goals to improve representation, inclusion and belonging.
- Growing the business. Set priorities and meeting goals for practice/discipline-level including ensuring financial and executional KPIs are met. Build new business pipeline, including identifying new opportunities to bring to United Minds and Weber Shandwick as well as growing existing relationships.
- Building practice reputation. Represent Weber Shandwick and United Minds externally through thought leadership and speaking opportunities. Build relationships with key practice areas internally, such as Social Impact, Crisis and Issues Management, Integrated Media, among others.
What We Are Looking For
- DE&I strategy and subject matter expertise
- Consulting experience with a focus on human capital, culture and change management including high levels of comfort managing multiple client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead a business
- Track record of managing team members across all levels and different business units by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
- Able to drive results even in ambiguous situations, including quickly take ownership of process or deliverables and navigating matrixed organizations
- Shows exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Exhibits a strong commitment to agency and personal career success
- Consistently meets (often tight) deadlines
- Strong oral and written business communication skills
- Change management experience/certification is a plus
- At least 15 years’ experience developing DE&I strategy for large complex organizations with a focus on communications and change management – either from the perspective of an agency or a consulting firm, or within a dynamic in-house communications firm
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferred areas include business, organizational design, psychology, communications, English or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority.
This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Already a member? Sign In