Facilities & EHS Leader OWS
London, United Kingdom | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
The On Wing Support London Facilities and EHS Leader, based in London, will be responsible for creating and implementing an EHS strategy, including risk reduction, ergo, compliance, hazardous waste management, etc., aligned with business culture, division, and Value Stream priorities. He or she will also be responsible for managing the facility plant and equipment when not supporting the safety of the team in the shop or at customer locations.
This person will be assigned indistinct work or projects with high complexity, follow an individual leader standard work, and must also meet day-to-day short-term objectives. Candidates must have an ability to resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning, and also be able to project-plan long term initiatives. Positive working relationships with the team of technicians, support staff, and customers are critical to the success of this role.
The OWS LHR Facilities and EHS Leader will be accountable for EHS and Facilities compliance requirements with Site Leader and will ensure a culture of open reporting and continuous improvement of safety at the site.Ultimately, one will maintain a safe physical & psychological environment, including physical layout of work area and ergo considerations.
GE On Wing Support is a 24 / 7 / 365 operation.Applicants must be willing and able to support calls during off-hours when emergency situations arise.
In addition, the On Wing Support LHR Facilities and EHS Leader will:
- Create strategy for employee engagement in EHS, including frequent interactions with the team about safety.Solicit their concerns, ideas, & challenges, and respond to employee concerns relative to EHS and facility needs.
- Create EHS Framework (FW) strategy and proactively assist FW Element Owners with scoring and implementation.
- Identify safety issues and work with team to pursues solutions, escalating issues to leadership as required.
- Communicate to internal customers and regulators about EHS Management System and Compliance requirements
- Partner to actively support a proactive quality culture.Drives & owns regular assessments and PFMEAs to identify and understand sources of defects and delivers process improvements that improve business outcomes.Supports improvement controls and participates in read-across to other sites. Applies concepts to Safety Risk Assessments.
- Drive investigations and read-across activity with the other On Wing Support and Services sites.Develop and maintain event analysis (incident investigation) process(es).
- Coach teammates in the LEAN practices & principles and apply problem solving skills to drive business outcomes.Document in Action Plan and integrate into Operations review with Site Staff.
- Establish processes & drive accountability for the planning and execution of LEAN continuous improvement to the EHS, and Facilities Management Systems.
- Maintain in compliance and enhance policy, procedure, and related documentation for functional area to describe standard work, best practices, and lessons learned.
- Manage EHS training curriculum and completion.
- Facilitate the EHS Management Systems (e.g., Framework) and Facilities Operations to drive focus, ensure compliance, and provide continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain Management of Change (MOC) process related to EHS & facilities for people, products, and processes including legacy & new technology.Integrate MOC process into site change management process(es).Routinely evaluate the effectiveness of the process.
- Create and maintain site Hazard Heat Map and supporting Strength of Defense matrix.Update quarterly based on event analysis and learnings.
- Know and identify regulatory requirements and responsibilities, including safeguards, related to EHS and Facilities
- Communicate EHS requirements as a focal point to country government authorities
- Actively participate and lead Risk Assessments with cross-functional team
- Perform site and field level audits and inspections aligned with EHS and Facilities Management Systems
- Ensure that Chemical Inventory and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are compliant and available to all personnel onsite
- Create and manage Action Tracking System (ATS) or Work Orders (WO) to ensure that EHS and Facilities defects are tracked to closure
- Responsible for managing facilities, maintenance, and EHS bullet train budget and managing the P&E spend needs of the site.
- Responsible for managing the Maintenance Management System - including planned preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and asset lifecycle management.
- Act as the site liaison to Security initiatives.
- Coordinate Contractor Activities to ensure that planned and unplanned preventive maintenance is completed at site
- Ensure that all Cranes, Hoists, and Lifting Equipment; Emergency Preparedness and Response; Powered Mobile Equipment; Motor Vehicle; Personal Protective Equipment (PPE; and infrastructure (air compressor, electrical, HVAC) have current inspection, testing, and maintenance (ITM) reliability requirements are up to date
- Review contractor / vendor pre-work and ongoing activities (including maintain ComplyWorks)
- Ensure work permits are completed before work and audited routinely (e.g. Hot work)
- To act as the main contact/liaison with local regulators to ensure all appropriate regulatory operational permits are maintained
- To ensure emergency evacuation protocols are developed and regularly exercised
- This role requires advanced experience in the Environmental Health & Safety & Services and Projects. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Approaches work with a can-do” attitude and a sense of commitment to both the team and customer objectives
- Possess a desire to learn and grow with technology advancements
- Features strong interpersonal skills, including problem-solving ability
- Proven experience leading initiatives of large scope and impact
- Demonstrated quality, compliance, and customer satisfaction skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Experience working in and navigating computer applications such as SSS, Excel, SAP, & Gensuite
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment. Strong communication skills and ability to learn and understands all policies, practices, and procedures
- Ability to multitask
- Strong sense of priority
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Strong team player and desire for hands on approach to manufacturing troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance.
- Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks.
- Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems.
- May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward.Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post
Already a member? Sign In