Field Service Representative
Calgary, Canada | Becton Dickinson & Company
Functions:Customer Experience & Support
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
The Field Service Representative is responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that includes, but is not limited to support of installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, removals and other support needed; after hour phone support, holiday and weekend on-site and phone support, as well as support of Marketing, exhibitions, and clinical trials.
Troubleshoots issues to determine root cause and identifies possible solutions.
Focus on improving customer satisfaction in all interactions.
***CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE IN Calgary, AB OR IN CLOSE SURROUNDING AREAS***
- Calgary, AB based position providing support to existing automation team and customers in Western Canada.
- Action technical service bulletins on assigned instruments, as per BD guidelines and within required timelines.
- Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or as requested.
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
- Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the appropriate support center and manager.
- Must be flexible and meet travel needs based on business needs.
- Be highly mobile and able to travel outside of area on short notice.
- Required to complete all administrative documentation required by the position in a timely manner.
- Required to be available 24/7 via phone and rotate in schedule of on-call status.
- Actively supports team and continuously looks to improve the team processes to create a more efficient work environment.
- Back-up other Service Representatives during heavy workload and when required.
- Attend training on assigned BD instruments as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma completed
- Minimum of 3 years corporate experience in a Field Service capacity
- Understands and applies a disciplined troubleshooting methodology when interfacing with customers on advanced technical issues.
- Must be Fluent in English (read, write and speak).
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, solid organizational / prioritization skills and a passion for providing excellent service.
- Ability to multi-task and be adaptable to changing business environments.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working in a cross functional dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture based on your feedback in the Trust Index® survey, and we've just published the news about us on their social media channels. You can check these out here. And if you think your friends and networks would be interested in knowing more about your workplace, sharing these posts is a great way to give them some insight!
Becton Dickinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from individuals with a wide range of abilities and provide an accessible candidate experience. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Canadian Human Rights Act, Becton Dickinson will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process.
Already a member? Sign In