Salinas, CA, USA | DOLE FOOD COMPANY
Industry:Food & Beverages
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
General Description / Primary Purpose
The Director of Finance, Fresh Pack is responsible for the Finance function for Fresh Pack and Western Cooling Operations.This includes leading the budget and forecast process, publishing financial statements and reports including the Profit & Loss Statements, KPI’s, periodic forecasts, and other duties under the direction of the Sr. Director of Finance – Fresh Pack.This position will champion the digital transformation of Fresh Pack.Provides effective decision support and recommendations to Ag Operations Senior leadership ensuring that accurate financial analysis is conducted to validate new and existing business activities.
Major Responsibilities And Tasks/ Duties Of The Position
- Perform profitability analysis for Ag and Cooler Operations activities to support business decisions.
- Understand grower contracts and work with accounting team to ensure financial results reflect accurately.
- Participate in developing long-term strategies for operations including capital expenditure requests and special projects to improve operating performance.
- Conduct periodic analysis of business results with detailed variance review and lead the process for assessing the impact on the annual operating plan, developing corrective action plans as required, pursuing Operational Excellence projects and continuous improvement.
- Lead the annual planning/budgeting process for the business and is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely monthly reporting.
- Partner with Finance/Accounting teams to ensure periodic variance analysis for Fresh Pack financials is complete and accurate.
- Suggest, plan and drive system and process automation.
- Develop tools to reduce close cycle time, improve financial reporting speed, delivery, and accuracy
- Support the implementation of new ERP and key driver of other system enhancements and implementations
- Readily accepts new opportunities and takes appropriate actions to ensure the work is done; energizes team members to achieve timely results; sets expectations and empowers others to problem solve; demonstrates good judgment; facilitates successful and appropriate solutions.
- Manage a team of 3-5 financial analysts.
Job Specific Competencies (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive finance or business-related experience including Agriculture experience
- JD Edwards, AS400 experience preferred, Power BI, Tableau or other business analytics tool a plus
- Supervisory or management experience required
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Experience in Agricultural, consumer packaged goods, distribution, or manufacturing operations is very helpful
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to assume new responsibilities
- Language Requirements: English is required, Spanish would be a plus.
Internal & External Relations
Internal relations include Ag Operations, Farm Operations, and Executive Management Team.
External interactions include auditors, growers, and vendors.
Education And Certification
B.A. or B.S.in Finance or Business, MBA preferred.
- Maintains smoothly functioning department/work area in compliance with standards set by the company’s Human Resources Department.
- Promotes teamwork among the Finance staff to ensure work is performed in a collaborative manner and standards for excellent customer service are achieved.
- Maintains effective communication with all management staff to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing company goals. Gathers and disseminates information to all areas/departments regarding policy and procedures changes, and other important issues involving assigned areas.
- Analyzes the workflow of the Accounting/Finance department and continuously makes recommendations to the Sr. leadership for the Fresh Pack business
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear.The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 15 lbs.
Work Hour Requirements (Indicate all that apply and specify whether it is preferred or required.)
Ability to work beyond the normal work hours during period close week and final weeks of the budget cycle if required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Already a member? Sign In