Atlanta, GA, USA | Cantor Fitzgerald
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
Provides financial analyses, project management, analytical decision support services, and technical expertise for a broad array of financial analysis initiatives. Designs and builds sophisticated financial models based on diverse data sets, in order to facilitate strategic decision making. Interpretation and presentation of reports and analyses to senior leadership.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs complex financial research work and prepares analyses of subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investment and financial and expense performance comparisons.
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions, including joint venture investments with multiple partners, preferred return hurdles and promote structures.
- Read and abstract financial legal documents to gather pertinent deal structure information for financial modeling; including carve-outs, cash distributions, capital distributions and tax implications.
- Participate in the origination and execution of equity and debt transactions.
- Develops and analyzes financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, revenue and expenditures.
- Provide high-level financial analysis and development budgets to senior managers and leadership.
- Write and deliver formal presentations and offering memorandums of analytic findings, recommendations and pitch content on behalf of senior managers and clients.
- Manages outsourcing of select financial analysis to internal Newmark financial services team and outcomes.
- Project management responsibilities including tracking and reporting on the analyst team’s work load to management on a weekly basis and the production of weekly call materials, agendas and presentation content to clients
- Participates in the review of new deals/transactions and management in the development of a financial plan.
- Analyzes the financial feasibility of proposed development projects.
- Conducts market research to forecast and analyze trends of general business conditions.
- Evaluates present and proposed financial programs through statistical analysis and interpretation of short- and long-term trend data.
- Conducts research and preparation of financial information for acquisitions and due diligence.
- Participate in project teams, as necessary, to facilitate process improvements and address changing business requirements.
Other Job Functions:
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of extensive financial analyses and data management knowledge - prior experience in the commercial real estate industry required.
- Extensive experience with developing financial models, cash flows, NPV & IRR analysis and capital planning.
- Experience with ARGUS required.
- Proficiency with PC applications such as Microsoft Excel with strong financial modeling skills.
- Public accounting experience a plus; development or investment analyst experience required.
- Strong consulting, oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a complex team environment
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and manage tight deadlines.
- Ability to work a demanding schedule and the ability to potential travel for client meetings.
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect