Philadelphia, PA, USA | Harris Technology
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:100 people have viewed this job
This dynamic role is responsible for accurate and timely preparation of Division’s Financial Statements, ensuring all Generally Accepted and Corporate Accounting policies are consistently applied.
The Senior Manager of Finance (Controller) ensures that the Financial and Accounting Manual (FAM) is continuously reviewed and updated as necessary, and that its policies and procedures for payroll, labor charging, accounts payable, collection of indirect costs, cash, property plant and equipment, and financial reporting are consistently complied with.
• Prepare monthly financial reviews for the Director of Finance, including variance reports and financial ratios.
• Responsible for the development, supervision, and administration of General Accounting, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Supervise and monitor Staff to ensure accurate and timely collection, presentation and analysis of the Division’s financial statements.
• Leads the monthly accounting closing process. Takes the lead on revenue recognition as well as reviewing and approving all financial reports.
• Assists Director of Finance with analyzing inventory while offering solutions to drive down working capital.
• Ensure all financial reports are supported by clear and auditable documentation.
• Participate in audits as required with external auditors, including supervising the audit process, preparing the annual financial statements and staying abreast of changing financial accounting pronouncements and tax laws.
• Monitor, recommend and implement accounting policies and procedures including establishing those required for record retention.
• Manage cash, including the control of collections and certain expenditures, to optimize net cash flow. Prepare the cash flow forecast.
• Work closely with Program Finance and FP&A to ensure communication of data is consistent.
• Deal directly with Federal and State tax authorities, assists with Department of Defense and other government agencies on financial audit matters.
• Review contracts for proper costing/pricing and payment terms. Provides data and guidance for proposals; assists in development of bid rates.
• Reviews and approves revenue recognition methodologies selected by contract and their application
• Analyze operating procedures and expenditures on an ongoing basis and recommends/implements cost reduction plans when appropriate.
• Manage the internal capital process.
• Manage Accounting department personnel. Plan, establish, and revise work assignments.Initiate salary actions and changes in status.
• Ensure Government Accounting and Contracting compliance, particularly with FAR, CAS, GAAP and ITAR.
• Direct staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop staff. Builds and develops staff members’ competencies and capabilities. Supports personnel by counseling and directing employees in areas of improvement.
• Ensures compliance with established Sector, Segment, and Corporate policies, procedures, and practices.
• Reports and communicates to the company's Sector, Segment, or Corporate management, as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience; or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
• CPA is preferred.
• Public accounting firm auditing experience a plus. 10+ years of diversified accounting experience including general accounting, cost accounting in a manufacturing environment, budget and forecasting, formal financial variance analysis, and 3+ years supervisory experience.
• Must have a strong understanding of Government contracting requirement, such as FAR, ITAR, etc., accounting principles, and financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis.
• Prior experience working with long-term contract accounting (SOP 81-1), including percentage of completion contract accounting, now ASC 606.
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office package (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access), and with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is a plus.
• Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Strong presentation skills, written and verbal communication.
• Ability to create an environment that inspires employees to take personal ownership for achieving goals and for continuous performance improvement
• Ability to take charge of complex projects with minimal direction and develop new strategies and new ways of approaching business challenges independently
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business
Already a member? Sign In