FinTech Delivery Director
London, United Kingdom | Star
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:99 people have viewed this job
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for an empathetic and results-orientedDelivery Manager to lead our FinTech project portfolio. This is a highly visible role which spans multiple touch-points including: Delivery Management, Client Relationship, Presales and Technical Consultancy.
As our Delivery Manager, you’ll be focused on the following: ensuring high-quality project delivery for clients; supporting delivery teams during key project milestones, client negotiations or escalations; and participating in pre-sales activities and new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate has a technology solutions background.Experience with technical consulting, professional services, start-ups or management roles is preferable. They will also have an entrepreneurial mindset and be willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth of Star.
This role is based in London, with a remote option for exceptional European-based candidates. The Delivery Manager will be a critical contributor to driving sales and strategic growth, for both Star’s UK practice and its global Fintech position.
• Definition and development of effective delivery framework;
• Ensuring technical excellence and best practice implementation;
• Provide professional / career development plans for the delivery team;
• Project portfolio management, including:
• Resource management;
• Risk management;
• Delivery supervision;
• Expectation and Escalation management;
• Support the business development team in pre-sales, professional events and client-facing negotiations.
• Facilitator. Exceptional organizational, presentational and communication skills.These include the ability to communicate, negotiate, convince and encourage a variety of audiences (including C-level stakeholders and key decision makers).
• Process Advisor. Strong knowledge of the Software Development lifecycle and methodologies. Ability to find a “golden middle” between written rules and creative solutions.
• Tech Expert & Consultant. Ability to explain technical complexity, challenges and opportunities to stakeholders with different backgrounds. Proven experience of leading projects for FinTech clients, or similar business environments, is a must. Solid experience in business analysis and/or system analysis will be a big plus.
• Trouble-shooter. Ability to stay effective under pressure. Strong analytical skills, goal-oriented approach, structured thinking and people leadership are crucial for the role.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Already a member? Sign In