Elkhart, IN, USA | Patrick Industries
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Functions:Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
Patrick Industries Corporate Office is growing and seeking a highly organized, hands on, Fleet Manager to add to their team!
Patrick Industries is a leading manufacturer and distributor of components products and building materials serving different industries throughout the United States including RV, Manufactured Housing, Industrial and Marine segments. With locations in 23 states and 11,000 Team Members, Patrick is a Company with a strong network of meaningful relationships with our brands and customers.
With the support of the Director of Logistics, the main function of the Fleet Manager is to develop, implement and manage policies and procedures for the Fleet of 350+ regulated vehicles throughout the Organization. The Fleet Manager will work closely with the Director of Logistics to establish synergies and implement them to maximize efficiencies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and implement formal safety programs for drivers and driver management personnel throughout the organization (expanding current programs as applicable)
- Work closely with Business Unit leadership to create synergies across Business Units that offers fleet optimization opportunities
- Strengthen the accident investigation protocol in collaboration with our insurance provider for all DOT numbers under the Patrick umbrella
- Formalize driver onboarding and training procedures
- Initiate a cadence for driver safety meetings, i.e. quarterly, bi-annual, annual
- Establish a fleet scorecard to monitor fleet’s progress in operational excellence
- Maximize efficiencies and profitability by implementing new technology throughout the Fleet
- Manage all aspects of costs associate with the fleet which may include (but is not limited to) equipment utilization, route management, fuel and vehicle maintenance programs.
- Minor compliance tasks as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration or related field is highly desired but experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Fleet Manager is mandatory
- Experience implementing and managing safety practices and compliance with the rules and regulations regarding a safe and healthy work environment
- Must be highly organized and have a high attention to accuracy and detail
- Prior experience investigating accidents to prevent recurrence and prepare accident reports relative to their actions
- Strong communication skills and ability to build cross functional relationships
- Has experience in implementing electronic logging devices, telematics, collision mitigation and other various commercial vehicle technologies.
Already a member? Sign In