Global Commercial Alliances and Business Development Sr. Manager
Franklin Lakes, NJ, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
Reporting to the Director of Business Development and Global Commercial Alliances, this position is a member of the Medical Affairs and Global Marketing team.Accountable for both leading the value creation for each relationship and for identifying new commercial opportunities with existing and new partners.Directs all activities for each partner in the portfolio and frequently interfaces externally with partners at all leadership levels in functions, including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, Business Development, and Legal. Strong internal collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Strategy/Business Development, Legal, R&D, Quality, and Operations teams.
This position will also support the identification, assessment, development and presentation of new growth opportunities – in the form of, for example, external technologies, products, product lines, companies and other investment opportunities – in the diabetes space for potential acquisitions, business-to-business agreements, licensing agreements, and evaluation of other business and technology opportunities. These business opportunities may exist inside or outside of the current product portfolio
- Primary contact for all partners, has comprehensive knowledge of the partnership value propositions, their markets, business challenges, and opportunities; ensures strategies and capabilities of each alliance agreement is aligned with business objectives
- Juggles between several roles as a diplomat, lobbyist, strategist, and business manager
- Interprets the Contractual Agreements & Manages the Contractual Obligations, Maintains Governance Structure; Establishes Behavioral Norms Develops, Metrics; Monitors Timelines & Milestones
- Manages long-term relationships with partners by demonstrating diplomacy skills and a high level of trust within both organizations
- Takes lead on issues (typically cross-functional) requiring consensus or decision, gaining internal alignment and driving to resolution with the partner
- Manages and directs governance (committee) activities, striving for continuous improvement
- Ensures that strategies and decisions are implemented at the operational level and that plans, and actions are consistent with the business strategy
- Continuously monitors the health of each relationship
- Keeps the WW Platform Leaders, RLT and WW Marketing Leadership team aware of all significant alliance activities and issues
- Participates in important business development activities, including identifying and triaging opportunities, leading due diligence efforts (including valuation and financial analyses, including discounted cash flow, merger consequences and investment returns for potential transactions), developing deal structures, strategizing on negotiation setup and executing negotiations and transactions.
- Works closely with the Director of Business Development and platform teams and supports New Product Development efforts by identifying and negotiating licensing and supply transactions for new technologies that are directly related or synergistic to the established strategies and product lines of the business or are potentially expansive to the existing scope of the charter of the franchise teams.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, MBA desirable
- Minimum of seven (7) years business experience with some in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ideal candidate will have experience with either large account management, business development, product/brand management or alliance management
- Observed strength and expertise in working within matrix teams, including cross-cultural teams and influencing.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills to work effectively across organizational boundaries and with customers/partners; good listener who is able to translate input into actionable information; excellent team leader and team player
- Effective team player with ability to engender credibility and confidence internally and externally
- Strong External Focus including value proposition development, needs identification, training development, and a bias towards responsiveness
- Driven for Success and record of timely and effective execution in spite of multiple/conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Already a member? Sign In