Global Implementations Chief Operating Officer (COO) / Business Unit Manager
New York, NY, USA | Citigroup
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:107 people have viewed this job
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is a market leading, award-winning provider of cash management, cards and trade, solutions to financial institutions, public sector and corporate clients around the world. With a global network spanning 90+ countries, we are uniquely qualified to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management. TTS is a highly innovative organization with a strong digital agenda; new products and services are continuously being developed to meet our clients rapidly evolving treasury requirements and unlock new opportunities for growth.
The TTS Global Implementations is an organization of 600+ professionals across 5 regions that on-board our Clients onto the global Citi network.TTS Implementations complete 30,000+ client deals worth over $500 million of associated revenue annually.We partner with our Sales, Product, Operations and Service colleagues to make the on-boarding process for our clients as seamless as possible.
The TTS Implementations Chief Operating Officer (COO) role is for a senior manager with experience in successfully executing the COO / Chief of Staff function with global teams of senior managers and resources spread across all regions.The successful candidate will report directly into the Global Head of TTS Implementations and will provide direct management support to the team Head, aligning Implementation’s overall goals and strategy with the larger organization and driving a superior experience for our clients.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with other senior members of the TTS Implementation Global team and the Regional Implementation Heads to lead and manage major business strategy initiatives for the team. He/she will also provide management oversight for key business functions and initiatives under way.
The responsibilities for the role include (but are not limited to) the following:
Strategy & Development:
- In partnership with the Regional Implementation Heads, formulation and execution of the Implementation strategy through strategic change initiatives within TTS Implementations.
- Implementing tactical plans of the Implementation management team to further drive our mission and achieve our goals.
- Drive the day to day client deal management with the aim of improving time to revenue for our clients
Liaison with Key Partners:
- Support the TTS Global Implementations Head across key internal business partners: Operations, Technology, Client Delivery, Coverage / Sales groups, and establish appropriate forums and joint plans with these key partners
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with the global business heads, function heads and TTS country heads
- Represent TTS Implementations at various TTS-wide committees: TTS BRCC, TTS AML Monthly Business Reviews and the TTS Third Party Quarterly Governance Committee etc.
- Provide oversight on all Consultants/Vendors/Third Parties relationships
- Work closely with the CRM Analytics team to deliver new capabilities
Financial and Metrics Management:
- Deliver the financial commitments and drive a balanced scorecard
- Regularly review monthly financials and metrics with the regional teams. Coordinate quarterly business reviews with all regions
- Provide ongoing analysis and reporting to Senior Management.
- Produce the TTS Global Implementations Management Business Reviews (MBRs) as well as coordinate and participate in the Regional MBRs.
- Lead the TTS revenue realization analysis of all high value deals ($500K+), to identify opportunities to recapture revenue not ramping. The Implementations COO will lead this program working with regional TTS COOs, Corporate, Public Sector and FI Sales and Product partners.
- Systemically measure the key business indicators (KPIs) to identify where Implementation teams are on track to achieve targets and identify early, areas where remediation steps will need to be put in place to achieve targets.
- Responsible for driving the Voice of the Client (VoC) program to continuously improve our clients’ experience with their product on-boarding.
- Manage budgeting and investment spend process
- Oversee and manage the Implementations financials and headcount plans.
- Drive the TTS Implementations annual technology investment process.
People and Organizational Development:
- Establish a dynamic management and communication process between regional Implementation teams and the global partners with shared goals and vision
- Lead/co-ordinate the business management process including management meetings, agendas and track actions/activities etc.
Manage Operational Risk:
- Provide oversight of the Regional MCA processes, corrective action plans and IBAM.
- 12 years of progressive experience with increasing responsibility in a financial services organization, managing book of work as a Chief of Staff or similar roles.
- Knowledge of TTS products and business processes.
- Experience in operating in complex, global organizations with minimal support
- Understanding of the basics of P&L management
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in driving and implementing process excellence
- Extensive experience in preparing and delivering senior executive-level presentations, superior Microsoft Office (MS PowerPoint and MS Excel) expertise including demonstrated capabilities with pivot tables, vlookups, and formulas.
- Proven Analytical ability
- Ability to prioritize is key as is ability to juggle several tasks at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions.
- Willingness to ask questions, challenge the process and seek out answers.
- Wide organisational knowledge and cross-functional team work experience to deliver multi-work stream projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills to command senior client and senior internal stakeholder meetings (Steering Committees)
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Proven ability to communicate equally effectively with junior & senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to effectively influence stakeholders & get broad “buy in” for organisational, technical or procedural change. Strong partnership orientation. Ability to drive a broad group of stakeholders, countries, global and regional teams.
- Strong relationship building skills. Ability to navigate through a complex organizational environment with shifting priorities, while managing expectations and meeting strict time lines. Proven ability to overcome challenges with partners collaboratively and hold partners/colleagues to account
- Strong personal and leadership skills; ability to promote team building and develop strong partnerships with other teams
- Ability to pay attention to details and work under pressure. Flexibility – ability to manage a large & varying workload (i.e., volume, complexity & composition).
- Strong execution skills. Ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Highly energetic & positive with a proven ability to work independently (self-starter). Strong Control awareness.
- Bachelor Degree, Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
- Extensive years of experience in transaction banking and/or operational environment
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Location is flexible for EMEA, N.A. and LATAM.
Already a member? Sign In