GLOBAL INVESTIGATIONS UNIT COMPL AML INTEL SR ANALYST
Jersey City, NJ, USA | Citigroup
Functions:Legal / Compliance
Job Description:73 people have viewed this job
The Compl AML Intel Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Analyze and proactively identify risks and new AML concerns. Review recent news, court documents, and public/private sector white papers.
- Independently conduct complex research and investigations utilizing internal and external data; analyze research results and conduct complex data analysis.
- Prepare written investigative reports and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where appropriate; present findings to senior management and advise on next steps.
- Execute due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures to meet internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Use sound decision-making and discretion in making decisions that mitigate corporate risk at each decision point throughout the investigation.
- Make recommendations to senior management on next course of action – either relationship retention or termination and, when warranted, prepare SARs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- AML Certification
- 5-8 years prior work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The GIU Analyst is responsible for reviewing high risk customer cases, reviewing the account relationships and related parties holistically to capture global and cross sector presence, conducting research, documenting the investigations and providing initial recommendations and dispositions of a Global Enterprise-Wide Customer Relationship. The GIU conducts AML investigations that involve clients with accounts in more than one jurisdiction, a substantial multi-jurisdictional nexus, or involve complex transactional and client account patterns. These AML proactive investigations are generated from sources such as reviews of the highest risk clients, ad-hoc searches, Business Compliance or Business referrals, AML Legal referrals, TRP referrals, product-specific developments, industry trends, and referrals from external sources (e.g., law enforcement, regulators, etc.)
The Analysts are responsible for reviewing the customer cases, reviewing associated investigations, conducting research, documenting the investigations, and providing initial recommendations and supporting documentation.The Analysts consult with the Senior Analysts during the review process for guidance.
• Independently conduct searches, gather data and record evidence from Citi internal systems, the internet and commercial databases
• Independently assess and analyze research results and conduct complex data analysis applying background knowledge and experience
• Conduct enhanced due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures
• Conduct investigation using global standard policies, procedures and tools, aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements
• Determine investigative and data analytics approach, use sound decision-making and discretion in making independent decisions that mitigate corporate risk at each decision point throughout the investigation
• Follow up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case
• Compile supporting documentation and data including media and transaction including documenting review findings for Compliance and Business management review
• Write and prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and recommend relationship retention or termination
Already a member? Sign In