Global Markets Market Risk Analyst
London, United Kingdom | UBS
Job Description:118 people have viewed this job
The role is for an Equity Market Risk Officer covering the Public Distribution Trading and the Switzerland Flow Derivative businesses.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing and analysing, on a daily basis, the EMEA Equity risks for the identification, analysis and control of the market risk exposures.
• Creating transparency for stakeholders through the preparation and provision of meaningful and timely risk information and relevant advice.
• Undertaking portfolio analyses of the market risks within a business, perform risk assessments and approve transactions within the delegated market risk authority and in accordance with internal policies and regulations.
• Working alongside the business, as the 2nd line of defence, to independently identify and escalate issues and concerns.
• Enhancing the risk control framework and participating in corresponding projects in order to accommodate product innovation and regulatory developments.
• Programming light solutions (VBA/Python) to automatize processes or to perform analyses
• Reviewing the appropriateness of limits frameworks and related controls.
• Maintaining a climate of openness, transparency and accountability in the team.
The Equity Market Risk Team is within the Market & Treasury Risk Control team, and is based on the trading floor. The Team’s primary responsibilities are to identify, monitor and control market risk in Equity trading portfolios in EMEA. You will strive to achieve an appropriate balance between risk and return while minimizing potential risk concentrations to ensure that the risk-taking is in line with the UBS strategic priorities and values. The team provides an independent and comprehensive view of market risks to Senior Management.
• A good Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance, economics, engineering, computer science or another quantitative discipline.
• A keen interest and understanding of the equity and broader financial markets.
• Programming and automation skills are required, proficiency in VBA and/or Python would be beneficial
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively.
• Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to apply quantitative techniques to solve practical problems.
• A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to conceive projects and carry them through to completion.
Already a member? Sign In