Global Regulatory Manager
Harrogate, United Kingdom | FMC Corporation
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets.If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
In this role you will be responsible for the implementation of the global regulatory strategy for key active Ingredients working in collaboration with senior regulators, project managers, regulatory scientists and country/regional regulatory affairs managers. You will report to the Team Leader, Global Regulatory Affairs.
This position offers the opportunity for you to further develop a career in the regulation of crop protection chemicals. The position requires initiative in regulatory management of projects directly linked to the success of the business in the areas of product line expansion, growth, defense, sourcing, off-patent strategy, trade and competitive intelligence, in all geographies and across all product lines.
Moreover, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Implement global plans and timelines for defense and registration of key assigned active ingredients
• Lead Product Registration Teams – PRT – coordinating and identify data and studies required to support registrations
• Work with country/regional regulatory affairs managers to develop and implement global regulatory strategy, to meet submission deadlines and ensure timely publication of product authorization
• Determine requirements for, and implications of, new or changing regulatory schemes
• Strategic management – maintain external focus relating to opportunities and threats to key active ingredients
• Meet with regulatory authorities globally together with regional managers as required
• Understand the legislative and regulatory initiatives that shape the regulatory environment for the industry and recommend change in advance of competitive pressure.
You’re a strategic thinker who drives results through operational excellence, communication and networking
You must have (5+ years) experience in a regulatory related role in chemical or plant protection industry with a global focus and demonstrated ability to apply scientific knowledge to regulatory related solutions. MS degree (Ph.D. preferred) preferably in a regulatory science or related discipline (chemistry, toxicology, eco-toxicology, biochemistry or environmental science)
You will be driving results through a wide range of people in a global, matrix organization, so great stakeholder management skills will be critical to this role.
We also imagine that you have:
• Experience dealing with regulatory authorities and policymakers
• Ability to effectively monitor industry and regulatory activities and assess impact on key compounds, preparing risk assessments
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize data and develop recommendations
• Sound judgment, planning, project management and organizational skills
• Basic knowledge of crop protection industry: technical, commercial, farming techniques, crop specific issues, etc. is preferred
Travel is anticipated to be no more than 10-15%.
Additional information & application
We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and strive fill the position once we have found the right candidate. So, please submit your CV as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.
See Yourself in FMC, Be Yourself in FMC: We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our employees reflect the community, are valued, find purpose in their work, and grow and contribute to their fullest potential. FMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Already a member? Sign In