Global Sales Director - OEM Account Team
Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Kennametal Inc.
Industry:Logistics, Freight, Packaging, & Warehousing
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020.
Global Sales Director, OEM Account Team
Location - Remote (prefer eastern or central time zone US)
Direct, lead and manage all aspects of the Global OEM Account Management team and programs.Accountable influencer for setting strategy for OEM customers and overall impact for Kennametal.This role will develop and implement programs, processes and tools on global basis to support large national and multi-national customers. This leader will develop strategic and tactical plans & programs to achieve business results and foster new sales and retention of existing business.Lead a diverse team to achieve and exceed set targets and goals.A strong understanding of OEM customer initiatives and financial impacts; analyzing and making strategic planning accordingly. Manage full life-cycle of OEM Account Management ensuring growth, budget, deadlines, and meeting customer and stakeholder demands. This position is a key partner of the Business Unit Leader and other leaders with constant collaboration and alignment on OEM business.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Direct team of OEM Account Managers and indirectly support and provide guidance to territory sales managers on OEM accounts.
• Directly engage with OEMs when necessary to support price negotiation, issue escalation and other issues as required.
• Support segment commercial leaders with global OEM account management objectives;market, competitor, and risk analysis.Ability to extract trends and forecast positive and negative impacts.
• Develop strategic and tactical plans & programs to achieve business results – gain commitment from Leadership.
• Develops the tactical plan for the area of accountability as a reference point to execute strategy and to achieve business results; Identifies emerging issues and adjusts execution plan to address them.
• Understand market trends and impacts on the business; communicating these factors to leaders and network of internal customers to determine strategic plans and execution of business plan to meet set goals.
• Evaluates top customer performance to market and determines impact to Kennametal.
• Influences some components of strategic pricing & inventory requirements for growth – based on analysis and market competitiveness.
• Maintain extremely high level of leadership & communication to ensure OEM account team is empowered to exceed plans and deliver results.Ensure mission-readiness via adequate training and tools.
• Determine resource allocation and utilization including customer account assignments.
• Develop and implement new processes to ensure Kennametal OEM team is innovative and competitive.
• Support and participate in team sales initiatives where applicable by gathering and communicating pertinent information for assigned accounts, provide leadership in account
• Identify and monitor performance indicators that measure how well the group is meeting and exceeding plans.
• Builds a performance-driven culture through Performance Reviews, succession planning, execution of reward systems and talent development.
• Provide coaching to direct reports and others on OEM account management and/or sales career progression.
Education , Work Experience, Skills, Certificates
• 4 yr secondary degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• Experience in materials science and/or industrial manufacturing Industry required.
• 6-8 years of sales experience; at least 5 years of OEM sales account management experience
• 3 years of team management experience preferred
• Strategic thinking skills and the ability to identify initiatives to support strategy
• Ability to manage multiple customer issues and projects simultaneously
• Proven track record of sustaining and growing sales levels preferably with OEMs
• Knowledge of Key Account Management best practices and ability to develop and deploy OEM account management sales playbook
• Strong communicator with ability to coach and teach
• Ability to negotiate contracts/agreements/programs.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people.We are an Equal Opportunity employe
Already a member? Sign In