Global & Strategic Account Manager
Round Rock, TX, USA | Ultra Electronics
Industry:Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
The Ultra Sales & Marketing function is responsible for growth of both the business development opportunity pipeline and the closure of sales by negotiating the terms and conditions in contracts. Through good business development practices and strong, senior-level customer interaction this function will deliver the defined business opportunities and develop a marketing strategy that demonstrates achievable levels of profitable growth in line with the overall business plan. This function is instrumental in setting the strategy for the business for all aspects of marketing and sales.
Purpose Of Position
Perform world-class business development of assigned strategic accounts to access new markets and enable rapid growth for assigned UE products.Perform strategic selling and leverage marketing resources to acquire and onboard new accounts. Evangelize assigned products and cultivate assigned key accounts to achieve growth targets for orders, profitability and customer loyalty. Provide strategic leadership across all major functions to create and implement key account programs that drive desired business outcomes.Serve as role model and leader of the Company’s values, and support Department efforts to create a high performance, winning sales culture.
Prospecting & Acquisition
- Qualify prospect's for fit with Company's value proposition; establish rapport with decision influencers; learn prospect's business objectives and performance drivers and project funding status; identify underlying drivers of sub-par performance; identify and propose ideas to improve business that link to UE core competencies.
- Develop and drive sales opportunities to close; align Company's selling process to customer's buying process; help define their requirements; favorably position the UE offering; establish business case for a supply agreement; generate proposal as required; gain decision maker commitments; close and secure order.
- Key account sales support representing the organization and developing general quote preparation.
- Manage the sales opportunity pipeline for assigned accounts to achieve order and revenue targets; participate sales activities including account meetings, telephone contacts, conferences and tradeshows; effectively present the Company’s offering and generate sales leads; qualify, grade and prioritize new sales opportunities; advance the sales process to closure and grow UE position in the account; build key account retention and loyalty.
- Define and implement growth plan(s) to increase penetration of assigned products for assigned key accounts; monitor and account for market conditions; define winning marketing strategy (product, distribution, promotion, pricing), sales objectives, key growth initiatives, resource requirements and resulting financial impact to secure management support.
- Manage the product line portfolio for assigned key accounts to increase account purchases, quality and profit, and reduce cost; collaborate with account and UE engineering to define mutually beneficial product roadmap; define changes to existing products and ideas for new products; communicated account trends and problem definitions to focus Company new product development efforts; define winning market strategy, order forecast, and launch plan to gain senior management support and guide initial commercialization.
- Serve as primary advocate within UE for assigned accounts; communicate and coordinate across key UE functions to address account requirements; drive process to improve internal understanding, actions and investment in account; develop reports and lead regular review with appropriate Company management and staff.
- Develop quotes and proposals to respond to account requests as appropriate; manage deal pricing and proposal development activities; follow-up sales quotations; ensure consistent end-to-end management of non-standard deals. Responsible for submitting and coordinating project document submittals.
- Review of technical specification to identify a solution and working with internal engineering and operations to determine project costs and lead time.
- Demonstrate service leadership and champion changes in Department and Company policy, infrastructure, and support systems that will increase customer loyalty, staff loyalty, and the Company’s image and reputation in the marketplace; demonstrate key service leadership principles including responsiveness, reliability, trust, empathy and appearance; control damage when appropriate.
- Complete projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor; manage assigned resources including expense budgets; develop project plans, review objectives, track & report status; revise milestones & deadlines.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with other Departments and contribute as an effective team member; establish & nurture highly effective relationships with employees, customers and stakeholders that support and advance business goals and objectives; work to remove barriers that hamper inter- and intra-department communications.
- Maintain professional growth and development through continuing education, participation in professional associations and other activities; remain current on regulations and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing, or technical/engineering field preferred; MBA preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience; demonstrated achievement in one or more of the following roles: quota-carrying sales; field or applications engineering; product management; distribution channel management; new product development
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20%
- Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance.Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
- 10+ years relevant experience, demonstrated achievement in one or more of the following roles: quota-carrying sales; field or applications engineering; product management; distribution channel management; new product development
- Trained in professional sales; preferably in Miller Heiman or Solution Selling
- Demonstrated strategic business literacy; strong business acumen and negotiation abilities; executive-level verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Results-driven; demonstrates resourcefulness, creativity, flexibility, and a relentless drive to ensure business success
- Demonstrated influence ability to secure high level cross functional collaboration; create collaborative environment; remove barriers; establish rapport and gain commitment from different levels within both UE NSPI and customer organizations
- Demonstrated adaptability and resilience; maintain a constructive attitude in times of change and ambiguity; shift approach in response to the demands of the changing situation
- Demonstrated leadership courage; appropriately challenge the status quo and influence others; build and inspire teams; perform leadership role in driving initiatives
- Demonstrated strategic thinker, planner and creative problem solver; strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail
- Well organized; manages commitments; sets priorities; manages time effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Already a member? Sign In