Head of Technology & Administration Solutions
Hong Kong, Hong Kong | Willis Towers Watson
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
Willis Towers Watson’s Technology & Administration Solutions (TAS) is a global line of business whose revenue is primarily driven from providing outsourced pension administration services to occupational pension funds. Our three largest markets are Germany, UK and US. We have worked with some of the world’s leading organizations for over 25 years to provide benefit administration and outsourcing to over five million participants across the globe. Strategically TAS has intentions to add Asia to its global footprint. Initially through the development and delivery of a new pension administration system (BenefitConnect Asia) for HSBC in Hong Kong and ultimately with other clients and within other countries in the region.
• Report to and support the MD of Technology & Administration Solutions (Asia, Ireland and UK) in attending management meetings, providing reports and enabling actions.
• Assist and lead in the development of a regional strategy for growth utilising BenefitConnect Asia (developed with HSBC) to expand software as a service and full outsourcing services in the AsiaPac region.
• Act as the main representative for BenefitConnect Asia in respect of development of opportunities within AsiaPac
• Retain an awareness of the local market demands and supplier/competitor developments which could influence the roadmap for BenefitConnect Asia.
• Liaise regularly with other global TAS function heads to develop a consistent approach and proposition for BenefitConnect Asia – more specifically US, UK and Germany. To be aware of the propositions in each major market and ensure the same reputational footprint is accomplished in AsiaPac.
• Responsible for engendering and maintaining senior relationships with HSBC stakeholders and key external stakeholders (e.g. MPFSA) in support of Project Titania. In particular building an effective relationship with senior operations leaders within HSBC to create improved confidence and trust in the WTW platform meeting current and future needs.
• To provide direction and oversight leading up to and during the live migrations of Titania to ensure WTW are aware and reacting to the operational and people challenges created by the change of platform and processes.
• Acting as the main client interface in respect of Project Titania to represent HSBC opinion of WTW performance and be instrumental in appropriate changes in approach of the WTW team, liaising with the WTW Titania programme manager and senior team members.
• Work closely with HSBC and the MPFSA in positioning BenefitConnect Asia as part of the initiative for centralised administration (liaising with other TAS global counterparts who have similar country specific initiatives (e.g. Pensions Dashboard in UK) and any other strategic market initiatives.
• Lead the dialogue with HSBC and their advisers in the application of Titania A (strategy) in relation to HSBC initiatives for market expansion in the representation of BenefitConnect Asia (ensuring any system developments are consistent with WTW capability and roadmap).
• Being proactive in the direction, development and positioning of BenefitConnect Asia in the AsiaPac region becoming WTW lead spokesperson for the product.
• Assist the WTW Titania team in interpretation of the MPF regulations to ensure BenefitConnect Asia is compliant with all regulations pertaining to the MPF but more widely is compliant in Hong Kong (e.g. the Hong Kong Monetary Authority). Providing guidance and input to future changes in regulation to create a roadmap of future systems development.
• Information Technology: Offer guidance and insight towards the digital development of BenefitConnect Asia especially in terms of improved member experience.
• Be instrumental in the hiring and recruitment of all senior and mid-level management staff across the various functional areas.