Health Operations Leader
Chichester, United Kingdom | Mercer
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:102 people have viewed this job
UK Health Operations Leader
• Do you thrive in a forever changing global business?
• Are you curious about the future and want to be part of creating positive change within our Health line of business?
At Mercer, we understand that the market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. That’s why we need to ensure we are leading by example, and being true drivers of change.
Have you ever been in a role where you’ve questioned why tasks or processes are in place? Is it because that’s what people have ‘been told to do’ or because ‘it’s just the way it has always been done’. This role is about influencing behaviours and changing the way people think. If we want to progress as a business and upskill our workforce, we need to coach managers and teams to be truly leading in this space.
Reporting to the UK and Ireland Administration Leader, the main focus of this role will be inspiring, motivating and leading the team to deliver exceptional client service and operational excellence. We believe in empowering others to make decisions about what improvements to processes they can implement (on an individual level) to create and build a culture of change, simplification and efficiencies.
Although there is a strong focus on process improvement, this role will incorporate a diverse mix of business strategy, transformational leadership, operational delivery, revenue ownership and budget management.
This role will involve managing, inspiring and developing the Team Leaders of the Client Servicing Teams across five locations in the UK. The teams are responsible for advising and providing administrative and analytical support to clients and internal consultants with their health benefits scheme. This role will work in partnership with Mercer Marsh Benefits Corporate consultancy team to deliver an outstanding service as well as ensuring the implementation of key projects and initiatives.
We have some truly talented people who are best placed to make their own decisions so this role will focus on coaching, guiding and mentoring teams and leaders, taking them through a lean philosophy and journey.
Some Other Responsibilities Will Include:
• Working closely with senior leaders and teams at all levels to build relationships and influence them to create a mind-set of challenging the way we work
• Empowering Team Leaders to lead projects to drive the business forward
• Inspiring managers and the business using a lean and Agile philosophy
• Being able to influence the business across a matrix environment
• Acting as a role model and being a change agent to build and support senior leaders and teams in Glasgow, Chichester, Croydon, Birmingham, Bristol and Warsaw.
• Managing resources, budget, and leading teams in order to deliver quality and revenue as expected. As such, he or she will set goals and develop People Managers in various locations
• Leading and supporting the implementation of key UK initiatives. He or she will be able to influence and manage across the business and is expected to lead and participate in UK & regional projects.
The UK Health Operations Leader will work closely with the UK Business Leader to ensure that there is a continual assessment of progress against plan so as to ensure a focus on the key deliverables (Revenue, Profitability, Growth, and Productivity).
As this role will cover the UK broadly, frequent travel will be required. The most exciting part of this role is the opportunity and freedom to morph the role into something bigger and potentially expand its reach in the future.
The person who will strive in this role will be someone who has the following experience, skills and personal attributes:
• Strong experience of partnering with a business to drive process improvements
• Experience in developing business strategy to support and improve the function
• Working knowledge of recognised improvement frameworks and agile methodologies such as LEAN, Six Sigma, Kanban, Scrum
• Proven experience of successfully designing and implementing a business plan which has led to improved efficiencies and cost saving
• Enthusiasm and a passion for driving high performance and change through key stakeholders
• When given the autonomy, being able to prioritise and deliver your objectives
• Strong domain knowledge of the UK Corporate Health and Benefits market is an advantage.