Healthcare Cost Outcomes Director
N/A, OH, USA | Managed Health Care Company
Industry:Insurance - Health & Life
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of revenue and medical cost analysis to accomplish financial objectives in the Health Plan. Oversees of all aspects of cost of care analytics, and trend analysis and reporting for assigned health plan/division. Responsible for reporting and delivery of key information to senior management to generate cost saving or revenue enhancement ideas and achievement of financial targets.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the prioritization and development of reports for business reporting and analysis purposes including ad hoc analysis and cost of care projects.
- Obtains resources to support business unit analytic needs.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of output and deliverables for assigned areas or functions.
- Communicates with customers about technical issues in non-technical terms.
- Understands the business processes that the system supports. Strong financial accountability.
Requires a BA/BS in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or related field; 12+ years of experience in health care analytics, financial reporting, business analysis within health insurance/managed care environment, including 5+ years of leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. MBA preferred.