Healthcare Executive Advisor
Washington, DC, USA | Amazon
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the healthcare industry? Are you a physician with the business development skills needed to help establish Amazon as the leader in the industry? The healthcare industry is in the midst of unprecedented transformation through changing business models, cost reduction pressure, physician burnout, consumer engagement, increasing cybersecurity threats, and patient information sharing, and they are looking to the cloud to modernize their operations. AWS is looking for a Business Development leader who understands the healthcare providers environment, general healthcare trends impacting the industry, is passionate, and capable of driving market development across the sector in the United States by leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to drive the right technology solutions, enable the technology ecosystem supporting healthcare, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and create significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including high performance computing, storage optimization and partner based solutions etc. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by customers.
The ideal candidate will have both a business and a consulting background, with experience working with healthcare provider organizations, with demonstrated experience interacting at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of technology. She/he should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Non-Profit Healthcare Provider team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Define and size segments, identify and engage target customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
· Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Present business reviews and provide escalation material to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaise effectively with the legal group.
· Handle a high volume of special projects, engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· 7+ years of healthcare domain knowledge including clinical, analytical and patient care delivery systems.
· 5+ years of experience leading business development activities including presenting to all levels of technical and non-technical leadership internally and for external organizations
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Advanced degree in medicine, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or measurement science.
· Leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
· Business development or consulting background, experience working with healthcare industry customers at the CxO/VP level.
· CxO relationships and large network in the industry.
· Credible knowledge base of healthcare industry trends and innovative technology services to support industry transformation, such as advanced analytics, machine learning and data science.
· Analytical and data-driven, and ability to demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· Good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the healthcare industry
· Previous experience with AWS products and services.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Already a member? Sign In