Herbicides Regional Technical Manager and Development Team Lead
Any, Germany | FMC Corporation
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
The Regional technical Manager works within the FMC EMEA Development Team and closely collaborate with Regional Regulatory Team, Regional Portfolio and Product Management and Global R&D.
Main responsibilities are related to all field development activities, including product profile definition and validation for the region, trials planning, placement and results analysis, till BAD writing. An important part is also related to supporting the regional and country portfolio and product managers about product knowledge transfer for both already commercialized products and new product concepts.
Additionally, this role would have responsibility of coordinating a small team (< 5 people) of regional Technical Managers with focus on ensuring people and capabilities development, support the regional organization on strategic decisions, plans execution and continuous improvement of operations.
The successful applicant will have excellent technical, communication, and project management skills combined with in-depth knowledge of applied biology and crop protection and business acumen related to the region EMEA.
Some leadership and people management skills are also required.
• Serves as the focal point for crop protection expertise as well as agronomical practices in the EMEA region, with specialization in weeds control.
• Develop and maintain ownership of state of the art technical information of assigned products at EMEA level and beyond.
• Provide advice on portfolio strategy goals (working closely with portfolio managers)
• Liaise with country & regional portfolio teams, agronomists, research institutes and influencers ensuring that product concepts of development products are matching needs of the market.
• Interact with Global and Regional Research and Development Teams for early stage projects
• Coordinate and be responsible for the budget management, planning, execution and reporting of the assigned field development programs in the EMEA region.
• Coordinate resistance management programs for the EMEA Region
• People management and development
• Drive R&D operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives and mindset
• Ensure a safety mindset within the organization
• Process & stakeholder management
Functional/technical competences (incl. education):
• Minimum a MSc Degree in Agricultural Science.
• Thorough understanding of agronomy, crop protection principles and weed biology
• Ability to analyze, interpret, communicate and advice on large and complex biology data sets
• Robust knowledge of EPPO standards and BAD writing requirements
• Robust knowledge of EU regulatory requirements
• Able to deliver quality results on-time in a matrix organization
• Minimum 5 years of experience in weed control field development coordination role or similar
A plus would be:
Understanding of crop protection research steps
Understanding of business strategy and priorities, as well as understanding market developments and trends
Experience and /or knowledge on eastern European and African crop protection business and agriculture
Already a member? Sign In