Hospitalist Medical Director
Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Integris Baptist Medical Center
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:147 people have viewed this job
The Medical Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
* Provides clinical direction for the specialty area
* Serves as member of hospital and community advisory and clinical committees
* Reviews patient care and participates in planning for patient care; serves as a consultant with primary physician as needed
* Consults with physicians about potential patient referrals and confirms patient eligibility for services in the specialty area
* Ensures consistent compliance with policy and admission criteria
* Ensures 24-hour availability of physician coverage for medical emergencies
* Participates in development and implementation of utilization management and quality improvement efforts for the specialty area
* Participates in orienting and/or training of staff peers
* Networks with the physician community for appropriate referrals
* Participates in community programs to provide education and information to members of the medical community
CompanyC Emergency Services Only
* Reviews emergency medical practice to ensure quality, patient safety and positive patient experiences.
* Works collaboratively with utilization management/case management for timely and appropriate patient placement.
* Ensures appropriate orientation of Emergency Physicians and Licensed Independent Practitioners per hospital policy.
* Ensures emergency medical staff representation through participation in medical staff committees.
* Ensures a nursing/physician partnership in review/ development of quality patient care and remarkable patient experiences.
* Ensures OPPE on emergency physicians and LIPs are completed according to the Medical Staff Rules and Regulations.
The Medical Director reports to the appropriate Hospital President for administrative matters and the Chief of Staff for clinical matters with additional responsibility and accountability to the applicable department chInstitute, President of the medical staff, and the chief medical officer of INTEGRIS Health.
CompanyC Emergency Services Only
Reports through the Administrative Director and to the Vice President/CNO for administrative matters and the Chief of Staff for clinical matters with additional responsibility and accountability to the applicable department chInstitute, President of the medical staff, and the chief medical officer of INTEGRIS Health.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable AccomOrganizationation)
Keyboarding/Dexterity Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull) Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally) Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors) Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Oklahoma MD or DO license
* Comprehensive knowledge and well developed skills in the areas required by the specialty area
* May require graduation from residency program in clinical field of specialty area
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Already a member? Sign In