HR Business Partner - Corporate Functions
Chicago, IL, USA | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
This is an HR Business Partner position for the Corporate Functions of GE Healthcare and will be specifically focused on HR support for Spin related matters. Provide HR support the assigned organizations and lead efforts for organization effectiveness as we begin to set up the functions structures for the new stand-alone company. You will be the HR Manager of record for these corporate function client groups and will project manage and lead the effort with these teams to hire, onboard and integrate new talent as well as provide support for the existing teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with client managers to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business and function objectives.Partner with client managers to develop and embed a contemporary organizational culture and leverage change acceleration techniques to assist in driving broad change.
- Partner with other team members through the HR organization on various HR initiatives including Learning & Talent Development, Total Rewards, HR Analytics, etc.
- Act as an organizational coach who builds organizational capabilities, reduces complexity and partners with clients to maximize team performance.
- Provide timely, effective, and direct coaching to client group managers, assisting in the development of world class, contemporary leadership skills.
- Provide strategic coaching to employees as related to succession planning, career path development, and performance management.
- Lead talent assessment in the organization, identifying key employee strengths and development needs in order to select, retain and develop key talent.Lead succession planning and talent development strategies for the organization, identifying critical roles and preparing potential talent and pipelines for mentoring, training, etc.
- Lead client groups through critical HR operating rhythms and encouraging appropriate connections with central HR teams.
- Develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent.
- Work with leaders and employees to create a positive and engaging work environment.
- Partner with HR client support teams, assigning and delegating fundamental HR activities to focus on strategic organizational and employee development strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college and minimum 7 years of progressive experience in a variety of Human Resource positions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
The preferred location for this position is Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI USA
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Already a member? Sign In