HSE Program Manager
Mentor, OH, USA | STERIS plc
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The HSE Program Manager will have the primary responsibility of managing the global HSE management system and HSE Corporate programs, policies, procedures, and performance metrics. The purpose of the role is to modernize and maintain organized company-wide HSE Performance Standards, Programs and other HSE documents, ensuring alignment with OSHA VPP requirements and ISO 14001 and 45001 standards.
• Manage Corporate HSE Council sponsored initiatives – (10%)
- Supports Corporate HSE Council in the interpretation of corporate HSE Performance Standards, Programs and Guidelines, and Policies
- Monitors existing and developing regulatory requirements and communicates potential impact to the affected corporate HSE Council, and;
- Partner with other Business Segment HSE resources to ensure consistent and clear communications corporate HSE sponsored programs, tools, and user experience.
• Manages HSE Global Management and Operating System – (60%)
- Branded as Navigator, the HSE global management system is used to improve HSE recordkeeping, compliance, audits, risk management, legal register and Management of Change processes.
- Identify, develop and implement technology solutions on time and within budget to meet business and corporate HSE requirements
- Provides system and process governance to ensure compliance with internal company standards, as well as, supporting accreditation and maintenance of certifications including, but not limited to ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
- Supports HSE Corporate Council members and business segment leaders to ensure user adoption, training, and outputs of new technology
- Maintains the STERIS enterprise Legal and Other Requirements Register
- Assists in the development and administration of a corporate self-assessment and internal audit IT solution to demonstrate compliance with internal HSE policies and programs.
- Serves as a business analyst resource and technical advisor regarding the Navigator Global Operating System and to help ensure that HSE issues/concerns are identified and addressed on a proactive basis
- Provide timely/effective review of Corrective/Preventive Actions that are assigned based on business value versus impact.
• Develop and Produce Data Analysis – (10%) of HSE performance for STERIS, reporting business segments and other entities as required by the Senior Director of HSE, HSE Council and other VP/General Mgrs.
- Effectively use analytical tools, illustrations and narratives to effectively present performance to various downstream Customers such as but not limited to the STERIS Senior Management Team (SMT), STERIS Compliance Board and other stakeholder groups.
- Assists the Corporate HSE staff in analyzing HSE leading and lagging metrics for global operations, identifying emerging trends or target hazards recommending appropriate remedial action.
- Data analysis includes but is not limited to;
- Injury performance rate charts, Total Recordable Cases (TRC) and Days Away from Work (DAFW), Severity Rates;
- Nature, type and demographic of injuries;
- Flash Reports (Navigator) by parent/daughter configuration;
- Results of internal audits;
- Assists the STERIS Sustainability Committee in the development and collection of sustainability metrics.
• Provides HSE Authoring and Document Control – (20%)
- Provide support on corporate HSE Performance Standards, Programs, Guidelines, Model Documents and other related records. This included but is not limited to;
- Maintain a document library that is timely and complies with current Corporate HSE and record retention requirements;
- Maintain a formal Corporate program, process and work instructions (i.e., HSE 601, etc) as outlined and recommended within the STERIS HSE Playbook;
- Assists the organization in sequencing (alignment, implementation and validation) Corporate HSE documents within the respective STERIS business segment, and;
- Aligns tools and objectives with Lean/Continuous Improvement (CI) framework.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Strongly prefer a minimum of 5 years of HSE experience in a manufacturing environment. In lieu of HSE functional experience, would consider a minimum of 5 years of work experience in other business functions that includes program management responsibilities covering system administration; developing and writing procedures, policies, and standards; data analysis; creating business process; and supporting a large enterprise across multiple locations and geographies.
• HSE IT solution experience that includes implementing new technologies and serving as the ongoing business analyst, system administrator, and providing user support and training.
• Prefer but not required to have practical experience managing HSE programs in conformance with ISO 14001 and 45001 standards
• Significant project management experience required using standard work to track project progress and achievement of stated objectives.
• Project management skills and proven ability to execute results
• Analytical skills, ability to develop reports, manage data quality, develop dashboards and KPI performance reporting using Excel or Tableau
• Highly organized and ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, and communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
• Strong relationship building skills, able to instill trust and influence at multiple levels in the organization.
• Training development and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Experience in Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI or other business intelligence reporting software would be beneficial
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Already a member? Sign In