Implementation Project Manager
Newark, NJ, USA | STERIS plc
Job Description:69 people have viewed this job
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Are you interested in making a difference in the world? With a unique combination of infection protection and contamination control products and services, STERIS Corporation offers customized solutions for a variety of environments. SPM Software is a surgical instrument tracking system that ensures hospitals have the right instruments delivered on time for their next procedure in addition to many other features.
The Project Manager will be working with a team to successfully implement and upgrade SPM products within hospitals and support customer education. The Project Manager will partner closely with the STERIS SPM team, other project managers and customers, including hospital IT departments to ensure prerequisites are met for connectivity to the SPM software and manage the project through implementation. This is a highly customer oriented role, that will include email, phone, video and in person communication with both internal and external customers.
The Project Manager, Implementation Services is a 100% remote position. The ideal candidate will live within a reasonable distance of a major airport. There will be approximately 75% overnight travel that will be prescheduled.
• Develop and keep up to date project plan (i.e. project schedule).
• Document and manage scope for what will be configured and trained.
• Convey project status with project team members from both SPM and the customer.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with project sponsors and executive leadership.
• Identify implementation risks, escalate these as appropriate to the Director of Implementation Services, and develop mitigation plans.
• Complete project documentation as per SPM’s Implementation Services Team policies and procedures.
• Review project documentation regularly to assist in managing the current project status.
• Identify potential project delays and work with the customer to keep the project progressing on schedule.
• Provide services within budget of the customer’s purchase order and in a timely manner.
• Coordinate the entry of the customer’s product and instrument data with the SPM Data Team and ensure that the status of the data entry is factored into the site visit schedule.
• Coordinate the setup of the customer’s server, workstations, interfaces, and additional modules with SPM’s Technical Support Team.
• Ensure that the customer is ready for onsite visits as per SPM’s Implementation Services Team policies and procedures.
• Ensure all customer questions and issues are resolved and keep the customer informed on both the action plan and the resolution.
• Determine customer’s priorities for use of the system; develop corresponding initiatives to be completed during the implementation process.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of information technology terminology and troubleshooting; use this knowledge to ensure everything is working properly.
• Create and maintain a System Description detailing customer workflows per device.
• Gain and maintain expert level knowledge of necessary configurations for implementing all SPM products including modules and interfaces.
• Provide the customer with relevant training materials.
• Train customer designees on configuring and maintaining the system.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering/technical degree
•5+ years Project management experience implementing software and/or hardware within customers in an enterprise IT organization
• General knowledge of software, work stations, servers, IP addresses, networking concepts (DHCP, Static IP, etc.)
• Windows operating systems experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office software products
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• Physical location that can access high-speed internet (preferably cable modem)
• Employee must satisfy customer-specific vaccination or medical testing requirements (i.e. TB test, Hepatitis B vaccination, etc.)
• Experience with sterile processing preferred; employees without sterile processing experience are required to complete the Certified Central Service Vendor Partner (CCSVP) certification within the first year of employment
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Already a member? Sign In