Industrial Products & Construction Data Management Senior Manager
Los Angeles, CA, USA | Deloitte Consulting
Consulting - Strategy
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
As an Industrial Products & Construction, Sr. Manager – Data Management, you will focus on information value enhanced through enterprise-scale applications that enable visualization, consumption and monetization of both structured and unstructured data. Big data is becoming one of the most important technology trends that has the potential for dramatically changing the way organizations use information to enhance the customer experience and transform their business models.
Work You'll Do
A Senior Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
• Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
• Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
• Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
• Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
• People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
• 10+ years of relevant data management consulting or industry experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling) with experience including the following tools: Informatica MDM, IBM MDM, Oracle MDM and/or Cloud MDM, SAP MDG, Reltio, PIM, SAP BODS, etc.
• 4+ years of experience leading and managing data delivery project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live.
• Significant experience leading complex data management engagements and team sizes ranging from 10 to 50 resources
• Ability to architect an Enterprise Data Management solution and provide business, governance and technical recommendations to appropriate client managers
• Consulting or Industry experience in developing roadmap for an overarching data management and strategy initiative at an enterprise level
• Ability to recommend data management process, governance, organizational and platform models, tool selections and application integration options to clients
• Experience developing statements of work and/or client proposals
• Experience transferring knowledge and best practices to client
• Experience working with CxO level executives on a daily basis
• Lead business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of portal interface and information architecture
• Lead executive level governance boards
• Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
• An advanced degree in the area of specialization
• Proven skills as a team member, team lead or project manager on multiple full life cycle implementations.
• A proven resource in defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
• Eagerness to mentor junior staff and raise quality of data strategy, design and implementation across the practice by sharing insights and methods through training, community, etc.
• Adept at implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).