Integrated Sales VP
Chattanooga, CO, USA | Kenco Group
Industry:Logistics, Freight, Packaging, & Warehousing
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
The Vice President of Integrated Sales will execute Kenco’s go-to-market strategy and drive growth for the company. Working with Kenco’s three business units and across its various service lines, the Vice President of Integrated Sales will have responsibility for representing Kenco in the marketplace, performing various commercial activities and achieving defined revenue and margin growth targets. This position is a critical part of the leadership team that drives the company sales and marketing execution and plays a key role in developing the company’s strategy and product development.
The ideal candidate will be an effective collaborator and motivator who can lead a team of subject matter experts to sales success. This is a high-impact, highly visible role that requires a strategic, creative, analytical, and organized leader.
The Vice President of Integrated Sales is a key member of the corporate Business Development team, whose mission is to champion growth and inspire change by solving complex problems and delighting customers. The goal is to increase the company’s market share and maximize returns to thrive against competitors.
Responsible for building and closing an opportunity pipeline that drives new revenue within Kenco’s logistics solutions portfolio, including ownership of the entire opportunity development cycle (Prospect—Evaluate—Propose—Close). This involves identifying business opportunities, selling concepts to new customers, influencing existing customers to give additional business and building/maintaining relationships throughout organizations.
Deliver the required level of sustained top-line and bottom-line growth while maintaining industry leading win percentages (hit rate).
Successfully lead internal pursuit teams and subject matter experts to coordinate Business Development functions.
Conduct industry and target customer research as well as competitor analysis.
Partner and collaborate with all business and support functions of the organization to accomplish strategic goals & objectives
Partner with and collaborate across all business and support functions to identify creative solutions for current and prospective customers which will meet their needs and drive incremental revenue
Drive the early sales cycle, collaborating with Marketing to identify and advance new leads, contacts, and opportunities.
Stay current on market trends, research, and tools.
Periodically represent the company at industry events and conferences
Minimum 10 years of experience in third-party logistics and/or supply chain management consulting
Minimum 5 years sales/account/solutions management experience in third-party logistics and/or supply chain consulting.Demonstrated success in sales quota attainment required.
Significant Business Development and Project Management experience required
Understanding of consultative selling techniques and proactive sales processes required
Industry experience includes, but not limited to: Consumer goods, Retail and eCommerce, Contract Logistics, Warehousing, and Transportation Management, Material Handling Equipment
· Prefer past work experience in a logistics operations, engineering, and/or technology roles
Candidates must possess and demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to lead meetings and make presentations to a wide audience, including C-level executives as well as hourly personnel
Demonstrated ability to serve as a “trusted advisor” to current and potential customers
Has strong experience in managing complex and difficult negotiations resulting in win/win conclusions; this includes a solid financial understanding and experience in handling legal matters and setting up complex service contracts and incentive programs
Ability to travel extensively across the U.S. and Canada
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Marketing, Business, Communications or related. Advanced degree preferred.
Strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills required as well as proficiency with the broader MS Office suite
Thorough knowledge of sales and marketing technologies (Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Navigator, etc.)
· Robust attention to the details without losing sight of the big picture
· Up to date knowledge of logistics best practices
· Highly organized, strategic, and creative personality with strong business acumen
Strong prioritization skills with the ability to make strategic choices and decisions which align with company goals
· Collaborative Leadership - Knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network while instilling a sense of purpose in others; sees connection to larger purposes
· Communicate for Impact - Devoting the time and resources necessary to communicate the strategic vision, direction, priorities, and progress of the team for which you are responsible
· Customer Relationship Building - Having an intimate knowledge of the customer's changing needs and the ability to produce rapid results in all areas
· Financial Acumen - Maintains and applies a broad understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound, responsible, and are strategically aligned
· Leading Change - Ability to develop and implement an organizational strategy and to incorporate it into the organization’s long-term goals. Foster a work environment that encourages creative thinking and the ability to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
· Leading People - Ability to develop and implement strategies to maximize employee performance and foster employee engagement in meeting the organization's strategy
· Strategic Agility - Gains perspective and balances the pressure between daily tasks and strategic actions that impact the long-term viability of the organization
This position is expected to travel approximately 25% - 50%.
A passport is not required, but recommended.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In