Internal Auditor, Finance/Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA | First Republic Investment Management
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Operations / Production
Job Description:104 people have viewed this job
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Audit, Risk, Compliance and Legal groups support First Republic’s business objectives by systematically improving the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes. We own and administer these processes while educating our colleagues to best support them. Our mission is to promote a culture of compliance and to be the best partner we can to our business stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As Internal Auditor, you will be a key member of the Internal Audit team, planning and conducting audits and providing control consultation on financial, operational and security risks and controls throughout the Bank and its subsidiaries, including the operating system, network, systems applications and databases.
What you’ll do as an InternalAuditor – Finance/Operations :
- Assist with developing and communicating risk-based audit plans created in conjunction with senior management based on in-depth business knowledge.
- Contribute to the planning stages for key segments of audits by reviewing available information and data, assessing risk and designing audit programs.
- Conduct audit fieldwork using appropriate auditing methodologies and data analysis.
- Develop draft audit reports by identifying and gathering support for potential issues and recommending value-added solutions.
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards for IS, operational and financial audits, and identify opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business unit management.
- Remain current and increase knowledge in the areas of internal control, accounting, business, company products and company information.
- Support management initiatives and perform administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Adhere to the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Identify and report suspicious activity to the Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Know and verify the identity of any client who enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, along with two or more years of demonstrated internal control or risk management related experience; knowledge of the banking and financial industry is a plus and professional certifications, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including exceptional presentation skills.
- The ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains.
- An advanced level of PC skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- A creative approach to problem-solving in a dynamic environment, combined with demonstrated integrity.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter attitude; someone who excels at learning new processes and business functions, and as a team player who provides extraordinary service while furthering the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Already a member? Sign In