IT Transformation - Sourcing
London, United Kingdom | Global Management and IT Consulting Firm
Functions:Consulting - IT
Job Description:86 people have viewed this job
Become part of the Team
You’ll become a key part of our vision to maintain our market leadership in IT Transformation. As part of PA’s IT sourcing team, you’ll join an environment where your individuality and ideas matter. You will help us work with clients to develop and implement innovative IT sourcing solutions.
We are looking for IT Sourcing Consultants in every stage of their career with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Your responsibilities will depend on your grade, however at all levels we are looking for opinion formers and trusted advisers. People who prize a culture based on respect, collaboration and innovation, and who have a passion for delivering solutions to the most complex and challenging issues affecting business and government.
By collaborating with your colleagues, you will manage some of our most exciting projects across our portfolio of FTSE 100, Fortune 500 and government clients.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Participate in major transformation programmes
• Be responsible for leading work streams and assignment teams
• Apply organisational and cultural change management techniques alongside your established sourcing expertise
• Advise clients on how to design and implement high performing IT organisations in a controlled and effective way.
• Define and/or implement in-sourcing and captive delivery
• Defining outsourcing requirements and drafting or negotiating outsourcing contracts
As part of the IT Sourcing capability, you will work directly with clients on a wide range of assignments. You will demonstrate initiative, drive and a commitment to helping your clients succeed. At PA you have the license to think innovatively when it comes to achieving the best outcomes for our clients.
You would ideally have:
• A minimum of 2 years’ relevant Sourcing experience although more would be expected for senior roles
• Experience across multiple areas of the sourcing life cycle (strategy, procurement, negotiation, transition, operating model, transformation, optimisation, remediation)
• Exposure to sourcing cloud or SaaS services, AI or RPA capabilities, application services, data centre and infrastructure, end-user computer and networks service
• Knowledge of the general principles of information technology and technical/process experience in several of the following: IT Service Management, IT Operating Models, IT Strategy, Agile Delivery and Project Management
• Involvement in designing and transitioning delivery and retained organisations to deploy new sourcing arrangements. Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally to our clients
• A desire to develop PA’s internal Sourcing Capability as well as working with our client
Bringing knowledge and practical experience of working in at least one of the following market sectors would be advantageous:
• Life Sciences
• Financial Services
• Defence and Security
• Energy and Utilities
• Consumer and Manufacturing
You may not have had a traditional consulting role, but you should have a consultative approach and understand the lifestyle of consulting to multiple clients. Although consultancy experience will be valuable, we are also interested in candidates with relevant experience from industry – many of our most successful consultants have previously had deal experience from tier one outsourcing suppliers or client-side roles.
You may also have:
• A passion for adding value to clients’ business and embracing change
• A proven ability to think conceptually, solve problems and to deliver practical results
• The ability to manage a large and varied workload, to prioritise and multitask
• Experience in managing supplier service delivery arrangements or improving supplier and sourcing relationships, including multi-sourcing arrangements
• Exposure to planning and managing large transition and transformation programmes for both application and infrastructure services