Java Developer, VP
Glasgow, United Kingdom | Morgan Stanley
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Senior Java Developer for the Client Portfolio Risk and Margin Technology Group
Risk management needs cutting edge technology to navigate through complex risk scenarios and improve client service. Not only do these challenges bring with themselves computationally complex and data intensive problems to solve but also demand expertise in designing scalable systems that can handle large volumes without buckling.
The Client Portfolio Risk and Margin Technology group is responsible for developing such solutions.
The client risk management system is responsible for processing tens of millions trade events a day for a variety of financial assets to compute risk in real-time. It also runs complex simulations to forecast potential risk in hypothetical market scenarios. The system thus produces millions of risk measures per day which are used by various automated processes and internal as well as external users to manage risk.
We are looking for a senior Java developer who can rewrite specific components of this system to be distributed and be cloud ready. The developer will also be responsible to build a scalable data processing and querying pipeline for the computation results produced by the system.
We use the following technologies:
Java 8, Java 11, Spring, Ring Buffer, Kafka, Google Protocol Buffers, GraphQL, Angular, RocksDB, Hazelcast, Splunk, Prometheus
However, you do not need to know all of them to apply to this role. All we expect is that you know Java very well and be willing to learn the rest when you work on modules or components that use those technologies.
- Work as a developer on projects focused on adding functionality and scale to the platform.
- Contribute to design and architecture discussions at a senior level.
- Maintain the platform by sharing support responsibilities with the rest of the team.
- Perform code reviews and help set good design and coding standards for the team.
- Help junior team members.
- Experience: 5 or more years of experience is the minimum requirement for this role. Experience with large scale trading or other mission critical high-performance systems will be preferred.
- Java: Expert knowledge of the Java programming language and any mainstream JVM.
- Design and Architecture: Intermediate knowledge of common distributed architecture patterns.
- Cloud: Working knowledge of developing applications on AWS or Microsoft Azure will be an added advantage.
- SRE, TDD, and Agile: Experience in a team that follows SRE, TDD, and agile development practises will be an added advantage.
- Communication Skills: Good oral and written English communication skills are required for this role. A successful candidate must be able to work alongside the users and the wider developer community in the firm and should also be able to communicate effectively with them.
Already a member? Sign In