Kubernetes Software Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom | Cambridge Consultants
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
You’ll be part of the cloud team working on a broad variety of projects. We offer bespoke solutions to our clients. These are often “greenfield” developments where we need to work closely with our clients to define technology choices which are sustainable for them long term.
You’ll share your days with talented teams of software engineers, UX and service designers, AI/ML experts, test engineers and DevOps specialists. Your focus will be effective, creative delivery for ambitious, world-renowned clients wanting to make a real difference to real lives. Often you’ll be developing systems that haven’t been seen before and where the specification can at first be unclear. Working with our team you’ll be able to cut through the fog and deliver solutions for our clients.
We are specifically looking to expand our experience with Kubernetes and Helm, but you would also have opportunities to learn and move into other technology stacks as project needs evolve. Applications built on top of Kubernetes are typically written in GoLang or Python; a willingness to learn is more important than experience in these languages; we only ask that you are an experienced developer in a programming language.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING TO US
- Work with our systems architects to design systems and choose technologies
- Deliver software that is scalable, secure and observable
- Working with our test specialists to ensure automated tests deliver the best value
- Help develop our team through mentoring, code reviews and sharing experiences
- Finding the pragmatic middle ground between elegant solutions and getting something deployed
- Build relationships and manage communications with key technologists in our clients
- Estimating feature development timescales, including for new opportunities
WHERE THE ROLE CAN TAKE YOU
We offer a variety of career progression opportunities. You’ll have the opportunity to steer your career along the path of your choice, whether you prefer meeting and talking with clients or perhaps leading large teams on multiple projects. Our collaborative and supportive working environment allows our engineers to quickly develop their skills and knowledge in unfamiliar areas, enabling us to drive the development of cutting-edge technologies evolving at a rapid pace.
You can choose to remain focussed on technical delivery, with long term progression opportunities - or you have the option to move into management, project management or business development tracks, while retaining a technical delivery component if you choose.
WHY CAMBRIDGE CONSULTANTS
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender (or gender reassignment), age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
- Competitive salary reviewed anually
- Company profit share
- Generous pension
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours and location
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Comprehensive insurance - Life, disability, private healthcare and travel insurance (business & leisure)
- Enhanced family leave benefit of 13 weeks full-pay parental leave for those that meet qualifying criteria
- Career development and training opportunities
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- If travelling to Cambridge by train; Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
- Whilst in the office; Free canteen - breakfast, lunch & refreshments
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
Already a member? Sign In