Land Acquisition Director
Houston, TX, USA | Beazer Homes USA, Inc.
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
Overview: Manages the LAR process, makes site visits and performs financial forecast reviews and analyses, specifically monitoring land and land development spending.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Tracks and reviews Land Acquisition Requests (LAR) by maintaining log which tracks status of both LARs, Pre-LARs, Land Sales and LAR Revisions; reviews submissions for accuracy and completeness; prepares questions for Division follow-up and ensures all are answered prior to LAR approval; provides early “heads up” for potentially difficult submissions, continually improve quality and efficiency of the LAR process.
• Performs site visits with Division personnel to evaluate potential acquisitions. Position holds primary responsibility for site visits and should ensure at least one voting member of the LAR Committee has seen each site being evaluated prior to an approval decision.
• Provides assistance to Divisions in their underwriting and submission processes.
• Coordinates with Director, Land Acquisition and Development Programs to ensure all land development plans and budgets are reviewed as required by policy and policy is updated as necessary.
• Coordinates with Corporate Legal to ensure all contractual agreements and amendments are reviewed in accordance with policy.
• Ensures other members of the LAR Committee are informed in a timely manner to the extent required to make decisions within the standard timeframes for approval and when necessary informed to the extent required to make expedited decisions
• Reviews and analyzes each financial forecast for accuracy and reasonableness with a particular focus on LAR Submissions relative to Forecast
• Monitors land and land development spending forecasts; identifies opportunities to defer spending along with identifying the costs and risks of doing so; identifies decision points on land development commitments; maintains monthly memo on status of significant acquisition and development.
• Reviews land pipeline in connection with budget/forecast process.
• Assists with Strategic Planning.
• Maintains and continually improves communication with the various Corporate Departments on the status and viability of LARs as they go through the process.
• Approves daily land wires.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
• Experience working in homebuilding industry at the division level preferred.
• Ability to identify key issues which affect the business.
• Good interpersonal skills with solid judgment.
• Professional qualification.
• Willingness to travel.
Already a member? Sign In