Lead Controls System Verification and Validation Engineer
Stafford, United Kingdom | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Lead Control System Verification & Validation Engineer, will be responsible for the delivery of the of HVDC Controls & Protection Verification and Validation team’s activities on time / as per Project Scheduled through proper coordination between Project and department. The role involves technical leadership on the various work packages within the department ensuring that they meet the requirements and the relevant processes are followed.
Main duties and responsibilities will include.
- Prepare and maintain Validation & Verification team’s activity plans as per the Project scheduled.
- Design and create FST and FAT test cases against design requirements.
- Properly manage Validation team shift plan.
- Leading the FAT with client.
- Gap analysis between standard / design requirement and customer technical requirements further leading to defining of test requirement.
- Understand the key milestones in the project plan, ensure that the plan correctly provisions for the required testing activities.
- Clearly communicate details of failures to the respective engineering functions.
- Knowledge of control system requirements for the RTDS LAB setup including AC DC interface requirement, Plant Emulator Interface requirement and RSCAD Power system network conversion, modelling and verification.
- Problem solving skills to support test issues especially lab setup and debugging skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to identify and manage technical risks.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) and Product care teams to develop existing and new products and tools.
- Knowledge of Dynamic performance studies using both offline and online simulation tools (PSCAD/RSCAD).
- Assist Validation Engineers to carry out execution of tests and provide clear reporting of results.
- Review/analyse the test results thereby reporting the status.
- Provide support to Commissioning Engineers during Dynamic commissioning at Site.
- Support continual improvement, raising the effectiveness and efficiency of the team through the introduction of tools, methods and process improvements and coordinating with the Continuous Improvement leaders
- Support a standard product methodology mindset, seek opportunities to re-use solutions, improve quality and reliability whilst reducing the delivery timeline and associated costs.
Qualifications / Essential Requirements
- Engineering degree or equivalent including power systems and power electronics subjects or proven equivalent knowledge and experience in HVDC business.
- Successfully completed vocational training with ideally at least 5+ years of proven experience in the position of Verification Engineer in High Voltage field, preferably experience as a Control & Protection design Engineer. Good knowledge of overall 400kV substation, HVDC system (LCC/VSC/SVC) including control and protection system is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of developing and working with RSCAD models is preferred.
- Knowledge of Overall HVDC System Operational behaviour.
- Strong communication skills with a fluency in English language.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel is required, and Microsoft project would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Fault Recorder (TFR) systems.
- Experienced working alongside GE would be advantageous although non-critical.
- Must be flexible with working hours and willing to travel to support projects globally.
- Experience on MATCAD, PSCAD, PSS/E and MATLAB SIMULINK, EMTP-RV, Digsilent etc will added advantage.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical standards such as IEC 61850, IEC 62351, IEC 12207, IEEE 15288, IEC 25010, IEC 27032, NERC/CIP will be an added advantage.
- Experienced in technical leadership.
Already a member? Sign In