Lead Director – Medicaid CFO
Anywhere, MI, USA | CVS Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
***This will be a remote role but candidates must reside within the state of Michigan***
This role will function as the CFO for the Michigan State Medicaid Health Plan, and will lead the respective markets’ ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals by managing and driving business actions and financial goals across the Plan and the Aetna Medicaid segment. The annual P&L responsibility for the Michigan State Medicaid Health Plan is approximately $0.3 billion [ generally a range between $250 million and $300 million].
The Plan CFO will:
1. Partner with the Michigan Plan CEO and their senior management team to maintain financial and operational control of the business.
2. Lead a team responsible for managing the financial close, and planning and forecasting processes.
3. Leverage prior experience to ensure the quality and integrity of P&L/cost center owner level reporting, membership and/or expense forecasts, product reporting and balance sheet reporting.
4. Collaborate with constituent areas including Actuarial, Underwriting, Network and Medical Economics to execute on growth priorities.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
10+ years of relevant experience
• Healthcare, managed care insurance or financial services
• Overall P&L management and leadership with budgets, forecasts, financial analysis, trends, projections and analytics
• Development of plans and identification of risks and opportunities
• Medicaid, Medicare or Commercial health insurance products and financial drivers
• P&L ownership and key financial metrics
• Financial management experience including strategic and business planning, accounting and financial analysis.
• Collaboration with the Medicaid CFO leadership team and ability to work towards shared goals.
• Work with functional areas to drive results
• Setting strategy and driving results
• Analytical reviews to identify issues and develop creative solutions
• Professional and executive presence
• Perform financial mpact analysis for contracts/ vendors and support negotiations
• Drive strategic business discussions with senior leadership team within the division and state health plans
• Encourage others through positivity, vision, confidence, challenge, and recognition
• Recognize that change is essential, set goals for change and lead purposeful efforts to adapt work that aligns with the state vision
• Influence people across the enterprise and execute strategic priorities
• Manage a team of people leaders and their teams and position each for future development and growth
• Resolve problems and influence decisions on business issues
• Communicate clearly and present appropriate level of information to senior leaders
• Understand when to raise issues to senior leaders and how to bring functional teams together to solve those issues
• Work independently of the Aetna Medicaid CFO and to know when to raise issues and get their involvement
• Insurance industry
• Medicaid product pricing
• MBA, CPA, FSA or equivalent
Bachelors degree required.
Masters degree/CPA preferred.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Already a member? Sign In