Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom | Cambridge Consultants
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
We are looking for lead embedded software engineers to join our team.
We work with our clients to specify, design and create embedded systems at every scale from the tiny - where you might be squeezing every last microamp of power out of an extremely constrained system - to the heavyweight, where you could be developing ultra high reliability communications for life and death situations.
Communication is important to us, obviously in the sense of protocol stacks but also in the sense of inter-personal relationships. Our clients buy our services when they understand what we can do and how it adds value to their business, and our teams perform best under inspirational leaders. If you are ready to engage collaboratively with clients, or to help us get the very best out of our teams, then there is plenty of opportunity.
What you can bring
You will have a thirst for solving problems, a desire to push technology to its limits, and a creative and collaborative mindset.
Your experience should include designing and developing embedded software for a variety of applications and providing technical leadership to teams of engineers. It would be beneficial if you also have experience in at least one adjacent area, such as cloud systems that communicate with embedded devices, test frameworks for embedded systems, communications protocol design, etc.
- Work with clients to understand their needs, communicate how our team can help them and design a system that delights them
- Lead a diverse multi-disciplinary team, working collaboratively to bring the chosen approach to reality
- Use professional software engineering tools and processes, which are flexible enough to fit our wide range of projects and help us ensure that our deliverables are high quality; and contribute to the ongoing improvement of these to keep us at the cutting edge of best practice
What we can offer
You will get to work with a range of clients – the big and the small. Some with existing products who are looking for new ways to make them smaller, lower power or more reliable; and some with a new product, a new idea or a desire to disrupt their market sector. They might have a limited understanding of the technology challenges or they might want to work as a fully integrated part of our technical team.
Above all, this is an opportunity to join a create and collaborative team with a friendly and supportive culture and a passion for solving technical challenges.
- Competitive salary reviewed anually
- Company profit share
- Generous pension
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours and location
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Comprehensive insurance - Life, disability, private healthcare and travel insurance (business & leisure)
- Enhanced family leave benefit of 13 weeks full-pay parental leave for those that meet qualifying criteria
- Career development and training opportunities
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- If travelling to Cambridge by train; Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
- Whilst in the office; Free canteen - breakfast, lunch & refreshments
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
Already a member? Sign In