Lead Epic Reporting Analyst, Project Management
Palo Alto, CA, USA | Stanford Health Care hospital
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
The Lead Reporting Analyst within the Clinical and Business Analytics (CBA) team is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of complex reporting solutions that primarily support Inpatient operations at multiple hospital, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and other sites within Stanford Healthcare and affiliate organizations.In addition, this position will act as Project Manager for high priority reporting projects.This individual will work with team members, users, and others to triage requests, define requirements, plan project activities, design, develop and deploy high-quality reporting solutions that meet current and future foreseeable user needs utilizing SHC’s tools and infrastructure.They will also work with IT Program Managers and CBA Leadership to plan reporting components of projects, estimate/track resources and budgets, prepare and publish status reports to stakeholders, and manage issues to deliver effective reporting and analytical solutions in support of high priority programs.
AWARDS WE ARE PROUD OF….
Stanford Health Care recently won the 29th Annual CIO100 award for the work on SHC's MyHealth eCheckin and integrated Wayfind solution. The solution reminds the patient of their upcoming appointments, allows them to complete the check-in process in the comfort of their home, get step by step directions on campus to their clinic and be automatically checked in on arrival.
The industry first solution was conceived, designed and developed in house by the 'Software Design and Development' team.The MyHealth team, is a cross functional team of Designers, Software Developers, Analysts and Product Managers. They worked in close collaboration with clinical operations, revenue cycle, facilities management and patient experience on this project.
Every year, the CIO 100 recognizes and celebrates organizations and their IT teams that distinguish themselves by creating business value through innovative use of technology.This year there were over 400 organizations vying for a coveted top 100 spot.
The College of HealthCare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has designated Stanford Health Care again this year for 2018 Most Wired recognition at the CHIME Fall CIO Forum in San Diego.
This is Stanford Health Care's ninth year in a row receiving this recognition.
· Understand report requirements and build reports that functions as desired.Lead users in defining complete and feasible requirements.
· Utilizes depth of reporting and tool specific expertise to recommend leading edge solutions to users that meet their expressed and unexpressed future needs.
·With minimal supervision, performs analysis, development, and testing of complex reporting solutions.
·Build strong working relationships with users and team members, including Directors and above.Ability to move the needle and mobilize teams to action. Gains trust and respect of key users.
· Manage multiple independent complex activities, including CBA involvement in high priority programs.Creates project plans, resource plans, and budgets for projects.Manage tasks, dependencies, and user/team expectations regarding scope and timeline of solution delivery.
·Participates in, and effectively contributes to, project working groups with team members, users, analysts, clinicians, and SHC leadership.
· Indeendently performs, and leads/influences others in performing, analysis, development, and testing of solutions.
· Designs and develops complex reporting solutions that enable user functionality with minimal on-going maintenance and post-production incidents.
· Provides expertise in understanding and using SHC data models and systems, and acts as resource in the interpretation and use of data generated and utilized by users.
· Participates in teams to define design and development standards and conduct peer reviews of solution designs.
· Troubleshoots internal client needs and clarifies and addresses incidents surrounding our supported solutions.
· Tune prformance of complex solutions (both queries and database structures).
· Organizes and conducts regular project status sessions and design reviews leveraging appropriate project artifacts.Consistently contributes valuable input during design reviews of team member solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversityand is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
Education: BS/BA in information technology or business-related field
Experience: Five or more years’ experience in either (or both) Business Intelligence or Healthcare technology.3-5+ years’ experience managing projects involving multiple resources across multiple teams.
License/Certification: Epic Clarity Data Model certification preferred or must be complete within 6 months of hire, plus 1 additional certification or equivalent experience. We can consider a blend of strong project system management, however Epic is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
·Delivers high quality Reporting & Analytics solutions that meet user requirements with minimal on-going maintenance and a low volume of production incidents (production failures, help desk calls, etc.).
·Proficient with, and contributes to, best practices and common processes for developing solutions with SHC tools (i.e., SSIS, Crystal Reports, WebI, Qlikview, etc.) utilized in role.
·Troubleshoots and performs root cause analysis of incidents and establishes countermeasures to improve supported applications.
·4+ years’ experience with SQL in an Oracle and/or SQL Server environment.Proficient with complex SQL (multi joins, subqueries, unions) and creation of database objects (tables, views, materialized views, etc.). Ability to utilize performance tuning utilities (Explain Plans, etc.) to optimize queries.
· Deep experience and expertise with Data Warehousing and ETL concepts, including: source to target mapping, transforations, error handling, job control, logging, alerting, and scheduling.
·Demonstrated proficiency in Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML), and Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) concepts.
· Complex Report writing & proficient in metadata (universe) creation.Test, develops, shares innovative practices of BI/Reporting tools and participates in evaluating/implementing new products or upgrades of existing products.
·Able to work without direct supervision based on general direction provided by a superior, is able to give guidance to peers on complex issues, and makes recommendations to supervisors on best path forward.Provides regular updates to supervisor on pending tasks, pain points, and potential roadblocks and manages user expectations accordingly.
· Partnership interaction up to Tier 4 level of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability for completing multiple complex projects utilizing common project management tools and techniques
·Your work will support SHC's vision and proposes better ways to achieve the vision.Can articulate these ideas in a manner that builds consensus and influences decision making up to the Director level.
· You have mastered multiple domains and understands how the domains interrelate.Has some cross-functional knowledge and skill outside of formal position.
· During the request process, anticipates potential issues with the request and negotiates a viable alternative before the report writing process begins.Constantly looking at the "big picture" and develops reports that solve multiple problems, where possible, and anticipates other uses for the report requested.
·Successfully implement role based standard work and develop the ability to identify exceptions.
·You have a high-level of data integrity with only rare problems or defects with complex delivered solutions.
·Solutions are recognized in industry publications or events for their quality and innovation.
·Utilizes active daily management and is an expert with Lean methods.
·Makes reliable operational internal decision independently and reliable tactical external decisions independently
·Can successfully present complex ideas and information to a variety of audiences up to the Director level, and industry groups.Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Already a member? Sign In